A victory for freedom of speech.... and sanity

If the post is public and gains noteriety and someone makes them aware. It could then be taken to the hate crime department.

I'd love to work in that department, any jobs going?
Must be great having to look through things that are probably not even a hate crime and being paid for it, I bet there's plenty work, never ending in fact.
Oh the joys.

I'd love to work in that department, any jobs going?
Must be great having to look through things that are probably not even a hate crime and being paid for it, I bet there's plenty work, never ending in fact.
Oh the joys.

I know cleveland have a hate crime dept. A lot more hate crime there than durham. Whether a crime is a hate crime depends on the victims perception.

I'm not diluting it, either it's a hate crime or not, if it's not then it's a total waste of tax payers money.

I agree. Not too clued up on this case however if there has been no crime and especially no complainant i would not be getting asked to speak to someone. Sometimes you would by a complainant to prevent offences however there may be more to this than meets the eye and usually there is.

From where I sit the only hatred appears to be for a. People who vote Conservative.
b. People who voted to leave the EU.

I'm guessing you're a white male Brexit Tory voter then.
You're not for example an ethnic minority or LGBT or a migrant worker... I could go on.

You surely can't deny that there's a rise in hate crime. It's an established statistic.

I agree. Not too clued up on this case however if there has been no crime and especially no complainant i would not be getting asked to speak to someone. Sometimes you would by a complainant to prevent offences however there may be more to this than meets the eye and usually there is.
Listen to the clip at the top of this page.

I was genuinely shocked to hear the head of south yorkshire police telling people on the radio to report non crime hate incidents.... which stretches to just about anything.

Listen to the clip at the top of this page.

I was genuinely shocked to hear the head of south yorkshire police telling people on the radio to report non crime hate incidents.... which stretches to just about anything.

I would be assuming and this is an assumption this would be for intelligence to maybe monitor and piece together any hate related incidents or groups involved in hate and far left/right views maybe? Other than i dont understand it

I would be assuming and this is an assumption this would be for intelligence to maybe monitor and piece together any hate related incidents or groups involved in hate and far left/right views maybe? Other than i dont understand it
I think it's far worse than that.

Have you listened to him explaining it :neutral:

It's seriously worrying stuff. We already have draconian laws that target freedom of speech. When teenage girls are getting brought to court for posting rap lyrics online.... things are bad

I think it's far worse than that.

Have you listened to him explaining it :neutral:

It's seriously worrying stuff. We already have draconian laws that target freedom of speech. When teenage girls are getting brought to court for posting rap lyrics online.... things are bad

That shows how some higher officers are out of touch with how much front line cops are struggling

I'm guessing you're a white male Brexit Tory voter then.
You're not for example an ethnic minority or LGBT or a migrant worker... I could go on.

You surely can't deny that there's a rise in hate crime. It's an established statistic.
Agreed, but I stand by the fact that hatred works both ways and whilst any hate crime is unacceptable it would appear that people's hatred of Brexit voting Tories is acceptable to some.

Yeah. My force dont have people going through youtube videos and facebook posts just looking for crimes. Would be on all day

My issue is that I imagine a lot of people have accepted cautions and other 'lesser' reprimands from the police for this sort of shit, purely due to fear of going to court where it would be dismissed as nonsensical.

My issue is that I imagine a lot of people have accepted cautions and other 'lesser' reprimands from the police for this sort of shit, purely due to fear of going to court where it would be dismissed as nonsensical.

As far as i am aware you cant be given a caution and it would definitely would not get to court when there is no offence complete.
Cops dont want to crime things if they dont need to. This means more work and it benefits to know offences and defences inside out so crimes can be negated. Sadly forces due to HMIC and NCRS are hell bent on criming everything and sometimes now criming multiple crimes for single incidents all in fear of falling below the bar set by HMIC. Thats why crime has gone up. Some call it better recording of crime however a lot of it is duplication.
My friend who was working as a hate crime investgator said there was more hate related incidents than there was hate crimes and the incidents are recorded but no generally acted upon

Last edited:

Back