A victory for freedom of speech.... and sanity

I think we need a rethink on self identification. As a woman I have no problem with those trans women who have undergone gender reassignment using women only spaces and being treated exactly the same as other women. Self identification throws up some obvious problems of being open to abuse and infringement of the rights of women. Who is going to police such a system and how would it be done? It will only take one serious incident to cause a backlash against trans women which would be unfair.
There's already been serious incidents.

This man raped 2 women in prison.

And gender neutral areas aren't the answer either.

It's why womens place UK was set up, so they can lobby to have areas for women only allowed.... the most prominent trans groups have labelled them Hate organisations and have lobbied the labour party to ban them.

All because they don't accept a woman can have a dick
attacking anybody is wrong, doesn't matter if it is because of skin colour, sexuality, build, religion or whatever
same as it is wrong to attack people because of their beliefs or wear a cross, sgian dubh, turban or kippah.
trolling seams to be acceptable but it is not.
What constitutes "attacking" needs better definition though

I doubt a tweet would lead to a Trans person finishing themselves off its an over reaction by the police and the person reporting the tweet to the police, but its always nice to see the bigots crawl out of the woodwork and be offended about a man tweeting something distasteful........... f***ing snowflakes.

There's already been serious incidents.

This man raped 2 women in prison.

And gender neutral areas aren't the answer either.

It's why womens place UK was set up, so they can lobby to have areas for women only allowed.... the most prominent trans groups have labelled them Hate organisations and have lobbied the labour party to ban them.

All because they don't accept a woman can have a dick

What constitutes "attacking" needs better definition though
being rude being the lowest definition. if we all stopped being rude to each other, none of the other things would escalate

free speech is not a case of allowing people to be rude to another

being rude being the lowest definition. if we all stopped being rude to each other, none of the other things would escalate

free speech is not a case of allowing people to be rude to another
It depends on how rude you are being, if you are being abusive or harrassing then no that isn't freedom of speech.

If you are citing your opinion on a public figure or group of individuals then that is freedom of speech.

it's to do with how targeted it is.

For example if I was stood outside your house shouting i think you're a cvnt.... that's harrassment, arrest me

If I wrote on my twitter page I think you're a cvnt, that's rude but it's freedom of speech

I doubt a tweet would lead to a Trans person finishing themselves off its an over reaction by the police and the person reporting the tweet to the police, but its always nice to see the bigots crawl out of the woodwork and be offended about a man tweeting something distasteful........... f***ing snowflakes.
That should say bigots crawling out of the woodwork being offended that another fellow bigot is being questioned about a distasteful tweet..........f***ing snowflakes.

I've lost track of who the bigots are on this thread
[/
Its the people who don't believe in equality.
That said for equality to exist you need democracy and I believe in the right for a person to have free speech more than the right for a person not to be offended.
I don't think the bloke was being hateful but he made a comment that was distasteful........He's probably a bigot so why give him air time by kicking up a fuss and making his tweet and relevant?
I've lost track of who the bigots are on this thread
I fucked that up read my last post if you can be arsed mate.

I fucked that up read my last post if you can be arsed mate.

Its the people who don't believe in equality.
That said for equality to exist you need democracy and I believe in the right for a person to have free speech more than the right for a person not to be offended.
I don't think the bloke was being hateful but he made a comment that was distasteful........He's probably a bigot so why give him air time by kicking up a fuss and making his tweet and relevant?

I'm still none the wiser

;)

I agree, they wouldn’t disappear but they would reduce- it’s not a binary thing
I'm not convinced it would mate. When I say that I mean in a statistically significant way across the trans population.

There's not a great deal of evidence that I'm seen, and I've looked. Now this isn't an area I'm massively invested in, but is something I've touched on professionally (health analyst). I'm familiar with the main surveys, I've done library searches and the like when trying to support needs assessments and the like.

I honestly don't know what the solution is, I would love there to be a machine trans people could jump into and become their "final form", but there isn't. Calling women that feel uncomfortable with blokes in dresses using their changing rooms and bogs etc. misogynistic and even making those women voicing that opinion perpetrators of a hate incident isn't the solution.

Why do you think that is?
Fuck knows, autism seems to correlate with it rather well.

Some trans people have mental health issues, some people with mental health issues are now being convinced they are trans.

It doesn't mean we have to erode people's freedom of speech.

No, he just saw a "minority" in need of help and SuperHep wanted to light the virtue signal.

The thing is, I'm happy to consider trans people minorities in need of help, I'm happy for tax payer money to go towards offering them support.

Want the Bobbit trim and hormone treatments on the NHS? I'll sign that petition, I may even wear a ribbon (I draw the line at a profile pic filter though, because fuck that shit)

There just comes a point where I think "yeah, this doesn't work for me"

We're only onside with each other this thread because it happens to a cross both of our metaphorical lines. :lol:

The thing is, I'm happy to consider trans people minorities in need of help, I'm happy for tax payer money to go towards offering them support.

Want the Bobbit trim and hormone treatments on the NHS? I'll sign that petition, I may even wear a ribbon (I draw the line at a profile pic filter though, because fuck that shit)

There just comes a point where I think "yeah, this doesn't work for me"

We're only onside with each other this thread because it happens to a cross both of our metaphorical lines. :lol:
I don't mind trans people being helped on the NHS either.

I want people who are trans to get the help they need to live the best life they can.

What I have a problem with is people who haven't had the op claiming the rest of the world has to treat them like what they say they are

And non-binary is bullshit.

I don't mind trans people being helped on the NHS either.

I want people who are trans to get the help they need to live the best life they can.

What I have a problem with is people who haven't had the op claiming the rest of the world has to treat them like what they say they are

And non-binary is bullshit.
Ah fuck, we were getting on too. :lol:

Why is "the op" the line for?

If you're living as that gender, as in you are taking the hormones, wearing the clothes, maybe you've had some work done just not "the op", then why is it an issue to use the shitter of the sex you're living as or whatever?

I really can't get my head around the non binary and gender fluid stuff. It's either going to go away, it'll click with me, or I'll become the modern equivalent of a clansman that still wants to own dark people.

I just think I'm closer to 40 than 30, I've worked with one trans person and we got on fine, I'm probably not going to need to worry about this.

Great news for the bigots of the board, I’m sure. Doubtless this thread will be full of the SMB’s middle-aged, university of life intelli-notsia sharing right-wing YouTube videos.

What the fella posted wasn't bigoted - it was an opinion which some people didn't like. The High Court has ruled that the police overstepped the mark and I agree.

The rules haven't changed and the real racists and bigots can still be prosecuted.

We can't have the police knocking on peoples doors or turning up at their workplaces just because someone posted something offensive.

Ah fuck, we were getting on too. :lol:

Why is "the op" the line for?

If you're living as that gender, as in you are taking the hormones, wearing the clothes, maybe you've had some work done just not "the op", then why is it an issue to use the shitter of the sex you're living as or whatever?

I really can't get my head around the non binary and gender fluid stuff. It's either going to go away, it'll click with me, or I'll become the modern equivalent of a clansman that still wants to own dark people.

I just think I'm closer to 40 than 30, I've worked with one trans person and we got on fine, I'm probably not going to need to worry about this.
There needs to be a legal line, the op should be the line imo because we a) shouldn't encourage trans people to only go part of the way, particularly when medication is being used and b) because I sympathise with women who say men can take advantage of this and go into women only spaces.

Gender fluid and non-binary as well as the 69 other genders are bullshit, scientific studies have backed this up.

I know 2 trans people and they are absolutely fine, even if they weren't I would still be the same. I call them both by the names they prefer as a kindness, I have absolutely no problem with it. But they don't use the other genders toilets because they know that's unfair on others.

The world shouldn't adapt to you more than you adapt to the world.

Last edited:
I know 2 trans people and they are absolutely fine, even if they weren't I would still be the same. I call them both by the names they prefer as a kindness, I have absolutely no problem with it. But they don't use the other genders toilets because they know that's unfair on others.
The trans person I worked with used the ladies. No idea what her genital situation was, none of my business. Had canny tits like.

Suppose if people want freedom of speech to criticise transgender people, transgender people should be afforded freedom of expression about their gender

Back