A victory for freedom of speech.... and sanity

For all the bigots on here who want free speech without bounds.

just remember how many people in the trans community commit suicide because of the non-acceptance if society.

so if you enjoy taking the piss and hounding minorities, just remember the consequences.

and whilst it’s easy to think that they should just man up, think how easy it is to say that when you’re not in their shoes.

I don't see this issue as a sides thing. Freedom of speech should be a human right in a free country. I don't get why the police have got to get involved over a tweet that's clearly a joke.
Clearly a joke to you, but something that could be the straw that breaks the camels back to a persecuted trans person.

but as long as you get a laugh, eh?
is it, or is it the antics of those who feel as though they are victims. who is going to tell them they are being soft and to shut up.

perhaps those who have lost their jobs for wearing a crucifix can now get their jobs back.

how will it affect the recording of such instances and if the police cannot take action, why do they need to record and use staffing to investigate or take any action.

the judiciary are using a sledgehammer to hammer the police.

why not use that sledgehammer to attack those committees / groups who make such rules that the officers have to follow or otherwise they will be disciplined and perhaps lose their jobs.

why cant people not be rude to each other even if a person different from you
Why not? Because attacking minorities for a laugh is wrong.
I think I'd be very good.

Are you just setting people up so you can have a go? That is a tap in.
Not sure what you mean?

Last edited:
For all the bigots on here who want free speech without bounds.

just remember how many people in the trans community commit suicide because of the non-acceptance if society.

so if you enjoy taking the piss and hounding minorities, just remember the consequences.

and whilst it’s easy to think that they should just man up, think how easy it is to say that when you’re not in their shoes.
The fuck is this shit?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then go and look at the suicide stats- which bit of that is horse hit?
I have no doubt the suicide stats are correct.

I do have doubts over whether it would be a good idea to censor the rest of the world.

Or even if it would work.

Looking into the issue it does seem like the trans suicide rate is not linked with level of societal acceptance but some serious mental health issues

You do realise this ruling doesn't give people the right to wander the streets or the internet to torment Trans don't you? There is a big difference between someone posting something on a tiny twitter thread and outright deliberate bullying/hounding, there are other laws that cover that.

You do realise this ruling doesn't give people the right to wander the streets or the internet to torment Trans don't you? There is a big difference between someone posting something on a tiny twitter thread and outright deliberate bullying/hounding, there are other laws that cover that.
It's like ricky gervais put it

"Saying you are offended about something you read on someones twitter feed is like walking past a shop that has an advert for guitar lessons and going.... I DON'T WANT f***ing GUITAR LESSONS"

It's like ricky gervais put it

"Complaining about something you read on someones twitter feed is like walking past a shop that has an advert for guitar lessons and going.... I DON'T WANT f***ing GUITAR LESSONS"

:) That's brilliant, it's exactly that mind set.

Have you ever considered that if we lived in a hypothetically perfect trans friendly world they would still have a higher suicide rate?

Mental health issues don't just disappear if everyone is nice to you. That's not how it works.

I think we need a rethink on self identification. As a woman I have no problem with those trans women who have undergone gender reassignment using women only spaces and being treated exactly the same as other women. Self identification throws up some obvious problems of being open to abuse and infringement of the rights of women. Who is going to police such a system and how would it be done? It will only take one serious incident to cause a backlash against trans women which would be unfair.

I have no doubt the suicide stats are correct.

I do have doubts over whether it would be a good idea to censor the rest of the world.

Or even if it would work.

Looking into the issue it does seem like the trans suicide rate is not linked with level of societal acceptance but some serious mental health issues
Have a read...
Have you ever considered that if we lived in a hypothetically perfect trans friendly world they would still have a higher suicide rate?

Mental health issues don't just disappear if everyone is nice to you. That's not how it works.
I agree, they wouldn’t disappear but they would reduce- it’s not a binary thing

Last edited:
Great news for the bigots of the board, I’m sure. Doubtless this thread will be full of the SMB’s middle-aged, university of life intelli-notsia sharing right-wing YouTube videos.

and as if by magic :lol:
Or pratts coming on here whinging about people that would prefer freedom of speech :rolleyes:

Clearly a joke to you, but something that could be the straw that breaks the camels back to a persecuted trans person.

Why not? Because attacking minorities for a laugh is wrong.

attacking anybody is wrong, doesn't matter if it is because of skin colour, sexuality, build, religion or whatever
same as it is wrong to attack people because of their beliefs or wear a cross, sgian dubh, turban or kippah.
trolling seams to be acceptable but it is not.

Yes but he could only contest it because he was loaded. Standard plebs would have just accepted the Police OTT bullshit and it would have just continued. He contested it largely because the Police implied it would show up on any CRB check in future.
The irony being that he went to court to stop it showing up in a CRB, he didn't want a potential employer to know about it

Back