a thankyou - from lappy's (Sean) family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relatively new here (arrived with the takeover).

Every time I saw his "are we there yet?" bit it made me giggle to myself.

Wish that I had arrived sooner.

Good luck lappy, and rest in peace.

Let this one drop - if you look at the top of the board it's sticky. Sorry, its not sticky anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lisa, for taking the time to visit us and post your kind words on here.
A very kind and very moving post, which will be much appreciated by the many, many posters that make up our "cyber family" of the SMB. :-D
Take care, and thanks again. - R.I.P Lappy.

I loved to get Lappy going talking about music. His tastes were very similar to mine.However someone would usually jump in, and have a dig. He was the master at shooting those posters down in flames. I always caught a chuckle watching him do his stuff.

R.I.P Sean. Sadly missed.

PS.
Say hello to Kos for me..

Last edited by a moderator:
yep i think we all had our runs in with lappy. Brilliant bloke but i couldnt argue with him because he knew everything!

I was waiting for him to show up last night with some conspiracy about the plane that hit that apartment block in new york yesterday, maybe one day ill hear it.

RIP ya wise fecker!

Hi Lisa,

Thanks very much for that post... I just feel guilty that it wasn't really for me though. I was on holiday when it finally happened. I came back on Monday and saw the sad news and the dozens of pages of condolences... Even then when I read it all... I couldn't come to terms with it and just couldn't think of what to say that would be a worthy reply- so I never did.

I never met Sean. Which is something I now regret because I probably had many opportunies to do so at the Vic Halom bar before the game.

Lappy & me were 2 of the 'old-guard' on this board and we exchanged a few pleasantries every now & then! I'm sure though, what we had was respect. I used to post quite a lot... as did Sean, but only really crossed swords a couple of times. Sean had the gift of 'words'. The Pen is Mightier than the Sword and all that. I hope that he felt that I had that too and in times of unity, I expressed similar opinions to him.

So it was that I awoke one morning a few years ago and opened my email. I had an email form a Sean.Hewitson... At that time I had no idea who Sean was and had no idea that it was Lappys real name. I read the email and he explained that he was Laputian and that he had been 'banned' for Parsnipping the Parsnip. What he said in that email I will always remember & hold close to me. He asked me to post a response to his banning and he also expanded (a little bit) on why he emailed me to do it on his behalf.

Such things he said will always show to me that Sean wasn't always the beligurent bugger that he tried to be on the SMB. Such words will always make him just another human being and a sensitive soul to me. We never ever argued after that point and I always saw him as an ally... felt f***ing close to the old bastard actually (although we are only a couple of years apart) and I hope he felt the same towards me. Hate the old bugger for going... especially when I wasn't around..still can't believe it.

When I found out about his passing it truly upset me... I also finished doing a video I started months earlier and had never finished (guess I must've got drunk for a few months)... So I finished it & dedicated it to him and it's on YouTube. A search on 'Sunderland Lappy' should find it...

So many condolences,

John (Paris).

Hi Lisa,

Thanks very much for that post... I just feel guilty that it wasn't really for me though. I was on holiday when it finally happened. I came back on Monday and saw the sad news and the dozens of pages of condolences... Even then when I read it all... I couldn't come to terms with it and just couldn't think of what to say that would be a worthy reply- so I never did.

I never met Sean. Which is something I now regret because I probably had many opportunies to do so at the Vic Halom bar before the game.

Lappy & me were 2 of the 'old-guard' on this board and we exchanged a few pleasantries every now & then! I'm sure though, what we had was respect. I used to post quite a lot... as did Sean, but only really crossed swords a couple of times. Sean had the gift of 'words'. The Pen is Mightier than the Sword and all that. I hope that he felt that I had that too and in times of unity, I expressed similar opinions to him.

So it was that I awoke one morning a few years ago and opened my email. I had an email form a Sean.Hewitson... At that time I had no idea who Sean was and had no idea that it was Lappys real name. I read the email and he explained that he was Laputian and that he had been 'banned' for Parsnipping the Parsnip. What he said in that email I will always remember & hold close to me. He asked me to post a response to his banning and he also expanded (a little bit) on why he emailed me to do it on his behalf.

Such things he said will always show to me that Sean wasn't always the beligurent bugger that he tried to be on the SMB. Such words will always make him just another human being and a sensitive soul to me. We never ever argued after that point and I always saw him as an ally... felt f***ing close to the old bastard actually (although we are only a couple of years apart) and I hope he felt the same towards me. Hate the old bugger for going... especially when I wasn't around..still can't believe it.

When I found out about his passing it truly upset me... I also finished doing a video I started months earlier and had never finished (guess I must've got drunk for a few months)... So I finished it & dedicated it to him and it's on YouTube. A search on 'Sunderland Lappy' should find it...

So many condolences,

John (Paris).

Perfect...

Just had a look at the video. It conked out after 3 mins. Might be my connection at fault. What I saw brought a tear to my eye though....

Hi Lisa,

So many condolences,

John (Paris).

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Fitting tribute PM... spot on!

RIP

Lisa, thank you very much for taking the time to post your message.

Thanks Lisa. As you probably have guessed, there are many on this board who thought that Sean was worth arguing with, listening to and, very occasionally, agreeing with. To abuse a phrase from Dave Allen - may his god go with him.

Excellent any very emotional post, think something just flew in my eye.

Never got to meet lappy, but he had me in stitches on here loads of times, to say he was quick witted doesn't do him justice. He is a huge miss on this messageboard, people like lappy don't come round too often.

Found myself thinking about him quite abit when his posts stopped, was just hoping he was well enough to see us win a few games. It all seemed to happen so fast, but the manner in which he accepted his illness was inspiring and admirable. It is good to know that the generosity shown on here brought comfort to you and those close to sean, it kind of restores your faith in human spirit when so much shite is going on around us. And dont get lappy started on what is going on in the world! :-D

RIP Lappy, keep the red flag flying high.

That's perfect Joe, damn! think something just flew in my eye too.

& Thanks for writing Lisa, it was very moving. Lappy was a bloody hoot!

Hi Lisa,

So many condolences,

John (Paris).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEizSaN28g
Excellent tribute

A really, really moving post, that. I never met Lappy but he had me in stitches on numerous occasions when offering his opinions on many things, particularly Sunderland.

RIP Lappy... I know you'll be cheering us on from up there when we clinch the Championship next year!

FFS what is this board comming to. A new lady poster and no one has questioned her gender or asked for pictures of her breasts. :roll:

Beery you dissapoint once again.

Chebs! etc

PS it was a very moving post Lisa and I hope that how well liked Lappy was on the board is some comfort to you and your family

What a cracking video that is, Lappy would have loved it!

My thoughts are with your family Lisa.

RIP you auld bugger, guess you'll now know the truth behind all the conspirecies, and you'll know whether you were right or wrong all along. P.s send us a new thread telling us who really shot JFK and whether 9/11 really was a fraud.

A fitting post to a regular and excellent contributor - if you believe then Sean "will be there". - and hopefully he can keep a watching eye with the rest of the lads up there as Roy's mini revolution continues.

However will really miss the conspiracy theories

Thanks Lisa

I have to admit when someone insults me on here I lose the plot.
But your brother wasn’t like that; he never lost it and had a good answer on any subject.

Nice to hear some more about the man behind the avatar.

Now, did you mention if you were married or not?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back