a thankyou - from lappy's (Sean) family

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lisa 888

From myself and on behalf of Sean's family I would like to say a truly heartfelt thanks for all your posts and donations following the death of my brother Sean. I am Sean's youngest sister and was sorry to miss 'my boy Harry' at the wake following the funeral but can I just take a moment to to thank you for coming. It meant so much to us all and our mam for you to come - especially after reading what such adversery's you were - but take it as a compliment that sean would argue with you for so long - obviously a worthy opponent.

Sean was a true SAFC fan and had followed the team since childhood, he took his first scarf with him last week which he had had since he was 5yrs old. He was, as you may have gathered, opinionated(!), headstrong and no-nonsense and as you rightly pointed out didnt-do flowers. However he was sentimental, and if he could see the words and donations on his behalf he would be truly thankful and touched, as well as having a few choice replies at the ready! I will miss Sean dearly, as will the rest of his family and his mates, many of whom have been with him since childhood.

It has actually been comforting to see how many hits his piece on this website has had, and the donations to the macmillan fund from all of you has just blown us away, we really cant thank you all enough. What a fantastic internet community this is.
:) :)

Like MBH, we all had our run-ins with Sean, but he always remained articulate, informative and entertaining, whether you agreed with him or not.

It'll certainly be a lot duller around here without him, top bloke.

RIP.

Crap taste in music, mind. ;)

From myself and on behalf of Sean's family I would like to say a truly heartfelt thanks for all your posts and donations following the death of my brother Sean. I am Sean's youngest sister and was sorry to miss 'my boy Harry' at the wake following the funeral but can I just take a moment to to thank you for coming. It meant so much to us all and our mam for you to come - especially after reading what such adversery's you were - but take it as a compliment that sean would argue with you for so long - obviously a worthy opponent.

Sean was a true SAFC fan and had followed the team since childhood, he took his first scarf with him last week which he had had since he was 5yrs old. He was, as you may have gathered, opinionated(!), headstrong and no-nonsense and as you rightly pointed out didnt-do flowers. However he was sentimental, and if he could see the words and donations on his behalf he would be truly thankful and touched, as well as having a few choice replies at the ready! I will miss Sean dearly, as will the rest of his family and his mates, many of whom have been with him since childhood.

It has actually been comforting to see how many hits his piece on this website has had, and the donations to the macmillan fund from all of you has just blown us away, we really cant thank you all enough. What a fantastic internet community this is.
:) :)

Excellent any very emotional post, think something just flew in my eye.

Never got to meet lappy, but he had me in stitches on here loads of times, to say he was quick witted doesn't do him justice. He is a huge miss on this messageboard, people like lappy don't come round too often.

Found myself thinking about him quite abit when his posts stopped, was just hoping he was well enough to see us win a few games. It all seemed to happen so fast, but the manner in which he accepted his illness was inspiring and admirable. It is good to know that the generosity shown on here brought comfort to you and those close to sean, it kind of restores your faith in human spirit when so much shite is going on around us. And dont get lappy started on what is going on in the world! :-D

RIP Lappy, keep the red flag flying high.

Excellent any very emotional post, think something just flew in my eye.

Never got to meet lappy, but he had me in stitches on here loads of times, to say he was quick witted doesn't do him justice. He is a huge miss on this messageboard, people like lappy don't come round too often.

Found myself thinking about him quite abit when his posts stopped, was just hoping he was well enough to see us win a few games. It all seemed to happen so fast, but the manner in which he accepted his illness was inspiring and admirable. It is good to know that the generosity shown on here brought comfort to you and those close to sean, it kind of restores your faith in human spirit when so much shite is going on around us. And dont get lappy started on what is going on in the world! :-D

RIP Lappy, keep the red flag flying high.

I am a "Johnny come lately", so never read his posts, when they were originally made.

Have done so since and I must say that JP's tribute was exactly what I think he would have wished for!

Brilliant JP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP.
'Gollum' will get away with murder without Sean's restraining hand.
See you in the next world, don't be late.

never met him but sounds like a diamond..............god bless you man......

Yes, some very entertaining banter on here from Lappy on a number of occassions. Will be missed.

RIP

He was one of the reasons I became addicted to the board. There are a few other posters of similar calibre but perhaps none quite so unique. I was genuinely sad to hear of his passing.

Do you know what's so lovely about people from the NE? We wear our hearts on our sleeves and are so natural. No pretence and unashamed to show our emotions. Yes, I think something has also flown into my eye also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back