A Shameless Fundraising Plug

Never underestimate the heart and generosity of a Mackem. :cool:

Top lads and lasses the lot of yas. There's something in me eye...

Absolutely.

Something in mine at 6.30am this morning as well when I saw Lily’s face as I told her she was over £350. Picking her up from school in around 90 minutes and can’t wait to tell her it’s £500.

Absolutely.

Something in mine at 6.30am this morning as well when I saw Lily’s face as I told her she was over £350. Picking her up from school in around 90 minutes and can’t wait to tell her it’s £500.
Stop man I'm welling up here. :lol:

Proud for you mate. Enjoy every moment.

Nothing shameless about it mate. What an absolutely lovely thing to do. I would be so proud of her and hope you are too!

Money in the pot
Unashamed

And another bump

That’s ya 500. If people had 1 less pint on Friday and Saturday and hoyed it in here it would be even better for the lass.

Last edited:
Tenner chucked in. Great cause this one. Well done Lily!

My parents neighbours a couple of doors down did this recently. Mother and daughters both. They were in the Echo for it. I think my daughter would like to but her hair would need to grow a bit longer first. Must be the slowest growing hair in the world.

Tenner chucked in. Great cause this one. Well done Lily!

My parents neighbours a couple of doors down did this recently. Mother and daughters both. They were in the Echo for it. I think my daughter would like to but her hair would need to grow a bit longer first. Must be the slowest growing hair in the world.
Bet there’s a few baldies on here will disagree

My 7 year old is getting her hair chopped off for charity - The Little Princess Trust who make real hair wigs for children and young adults who have lost their own hair to cancer and other illnesses.

Since she was just 3 year old Lily has been wanting to do this, with every single trip to the hairdressers being a huge battle now for over 4 years, despite us telling her it’s only to get the ends trimmed!

Now is the time to get her hair chopped. We measured it at 24 inches last week, so she is looking to get around 10-11 inches taken off and donated to the Trust.

This is extra special to us right now, as we lost our Grandad just over 2 weeks ago to cancer.

Each wig costs between £350-£500 to create, so any donation at all no matter how big or small would make a huge difference.

Thank you for your time

Read Lily's story
Lovely.

Update to this. All the money is in and a total of £1555 was raised for The Little Princess Trust.

Lily’s Auntie also took part and between them they had a total of 22 inches of hair cut off. So with that hair and the money raised, there’ll be 2 full, real hair wigs created for a young child with cancer, with some money left over.

On behalf of Lily and Lucy I’d like to say a huge, huge thank you to absolutely everyone for their support, messages and of course donations

Back