A seemingly simple thing that is almost impossible...

.....walking through the metal detector thing at the airport as you would ordinarily walk. Once you make the effort to walk 'normally' you look like the worst actor ever. What should I do with my arms? Should I do very slight casual swagger? Beep beep beep.

Any other examples?

.....walking through the metal detector thing at the airport as you would ordinarily walk. Once you make the effort to walk 'normally' you look like the worst actor ever. What should I do with my arms? Should I do very slight casual swagger? Beep beep beep.

Any other examples?
I find it helps to focus on a destination on the other side, such as my bag, or a trolley, or a tray or whatever and walk towards that. The sense of purpose makes you do your normal walk I find

My Normal walk is a collection of classic movie walks which I alternate
I rock the walk thru
The bit before and after mind is the most stress one person can have in 5 minutes

Any other examples?
Do the walk through the scanner like you're on a catwalk. Confident strut, pause, look to the left, carry on. Suck the cheeks in and keep the buttocks taut.

Opening a can of corn beef or a carton of milk.
them things wiv the key wotsit...Like tins of..... "Ye olde Oak Ham"
it looks simple, and you start off ok if you turn the key in the right direction...If you don't..Its f.ookin' carnage!
it snaps off, then you have to go for the Tin opener, which doesn't quite reach the "depth" of "Ye olde Oak" wotsit
You end up with what is virtually a threat to yer life!!!
yer sat in there, in yer kitchen. looking at summat thats all sharp edges, and maybe something you could actually "Eat"..if you had the bottle to approach the sharp edged f.ooker..absolutely ridiculous in this day and age!

I always do the running man dance when I walk through the metal detector.

them things wiv the key wotsit...Like tins of..... "Ye olde Oak Ham"
it looks simple, and you start off ok if you turn the key in the right direction...If you don't..Its f.ookin' carnage!
it snaps off, then you have to go for the Tin opener, which doesn't quite reach the "depth" of "Ye olde Oak" wotsit
You end up with what is virtually a threat to yer life!!!
yer sat in there, in yer kitchen. looking at summat thats all sharp edges, and maybe something you could actually "Eat"..if you had the bottle to approach the sharp edged f.ooker..absolutely ridiculous in this day and age!
😂

So true.

Ye old oak ham. That slimy fucca in the green tin.

Brutal

In days of yore , when you had to go through passport control..I always suddenly felt nervous..try to act calm, then realise I was trying to act calm and it might look suspicious
I mean yer f.ooked then aren't you?
The acting calm hasn't worked???
whats the alternative?
Goin' f.ookin' mental?
"Biting a Stewardess" ?

total can of worms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back