A quick review of the last 10 years or so.

Lewberry pie

Striker
Roy Keane - only buys players he knows and couldn't manage bigger name players.

Steve Bruce - tactically inept

Martin O'Neil - tactically inept, no plan b and negative football.

PDC - off his f***ing tits.

Poyet - tactically ept good manager who completely changed the second season when he wasn't backed and after we got hammered away at Southampton.

Dick advocaat - couldn't set up a defence, way to cavilier in the way he played.

Big Sam - probably the best of the bunch and the only one we wanted to keep when he left.

Moyes - shite all ends up.

Grayson - shite but a keeper would have made our results much better

Coleman - shite but again a proper keeper would have saved us.

Ross - did ok to begin with but couldn't handle the size of the club and lacked leadership.

Parkinson - who knows.

I've made this list purely to compare with them all really, once a manager has been here a year you find all their flaws. Maybe we could have just backed a few of them a bit more instead of insisting that they're shit and tactically inept or we don't like how they stand on the side of the pitch.

I would put Parkinsons appointment on a par with Graysons appointment.

I enjoyed the football under Poyet more than any other manager, but felt we were going places under Big Sam.

I enjoyed the whole atmosphere around the club when Keane was in charge as well.

Poyet - tactically ept good manager who completely changed the second season when he wasn't backed and after we got hammered away at Southampton.

Dick advocaat - couldn't set up a defence, way to cavilier in the way he played.

Big Sam - probably the best of the bunch and the only one we wanted to keep when he left.

Ross - did ok to begin with but couldn't handle the size of the club and lacked leadership.

Parkinson - who knows.

That’s arguably the oddest one there considering in his two most important games managing us we kept clean sheets in both.

Sacking managers isn’t the problem. Our recruitment of them (& heads of department, players) has been.

Hope Parkinson proves us wrong, but he just feels like he’s the next bad decision on the conveyor belt of them
I was just going to say maybe we keep picking the wrong managers.

In hindsight, we probably have been better of going down under Poyet than doing the great escape. We could have rebuilt the team. The squad was good enough to bounce straight back and we had players we could have sold on for a profit. Plus our financial situation was as bad.

In hindsight, we probably have been better of going down under Poyet than doing the great escape. We could have rebuilt the team. The squad was good enough to bounce straight back and we had players we could have sold on for a profit. Plus our financial situation was as bad.

Poyet is the only one I feel we could have stuck by. And shame England turned up for Big Sam, although who knows where it would have ended up. No doubting he had us performing well last few months. Feels like we had some momentum until Moyes showed up

Maybe we shouldn't have sacked steve bruce.

Only joking, it's just one pile of shite after another...we got close under big sam but it was obvious the wheels were about to come off before he walked. He wouldn't have worked on a tight budget and that's what he was going to get.

I’m struggling to see who you could back in all honesty. I liked Poyet but he proved to be as mentally unstable as Keane, Bruce and Di Canio.

BSA did a great job but seeemed to have as much interest as MON and Big Dick when it came to the second season.

Moyes - let’s just pretend that never happened.

Coleman signed Camp. We all make mistakes but he kept playing him.

Grayson maybe deserved a couple more games. I liked Ross but you could see the pressure was getting to him.

For me Dyche was the one who got away. He’s a nob but he’d have enjoyed the challenge and would have stood his ground with any flak that came his way. Basically BSA just younger.

Parkinson - who knows.

I've made this list purely to compare with them all really, once a manager has been here a year you find all their flaws. Maybe we could have just backed a few of them a bit more instead of insisting that they're shit and tactically inept or we don't like how they stand on the side of the pitch.
After Poyet, Advocaat and BSA we should have had a good team. 3 Managers who knew what they were doing (even Advocaat had just come off the back of good seasons with AZ and PSV). Moyes was a disaster.

2009 - Bent upfront. Beachballs scoring goals.
2010 - Hammering Chelsea 3-0 away Bolo dancing like a stud.
2011 - Pasty sacked, Pissing the league under O’Neill
2012 - Lots of losing under O’Neill. Invest in Africa
2013 - Norwich at home, the worst recorded football match ever. Paolo Dirty Knees
2014 - Wembo, Bardo @ OT, 3-0 at SJP, Johnson at SJP, 8-0 vs Southampton, Altidore
2015 - Defoe.... ermmm
2016 - 3-2 Chelsea, 3-0 Everton, Fat Sams one england game. Anichebe at Bournemouth
2017 - Shite
2018 - Shite but with nice seats
2019 Wembo, Wembo but still in limbo.

2020 - Donald unveils our new kit

Logon or register to see this image

free image upload

That’s probably the best option with hindsight. Maybe if Poyet had chance to build a team without the pressure of survival it would have worked out better. We’d have swerved Rodwell too.

BSA is the best manager of the bunch but I’m sure he’d have went the way of Big Dick even without England.
MON was my biggest disappointment thought we had cracked it when we got him

Unfortunately the football was desperate

He wasn’t interested. The Danny Graham signing summed it up. Just a chronic lack of imagination and ambition.

Last edited:

Back