A question being asked by M

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Check Point Charlie in 1970 the North East Durham League minute books dated from 1903 were reluctantly handed over by an ousted secretary to a young motivated administrator code name M

These documents were placed for safe keeping in the Durham County Reference library

The question M now asks is whats happening to all documentation from the deceased leagues of 2012 ?

Excellent question, i hope there's a safe and long lasting resting place for all the league records now that the new system is in place.

I would love to see a North East cricket Museum at the Riverside, (ICG) easily accessible to all, somewhere to house the records of ALL the North East's cricket leagues. I'm certain there is enough material, photo's, scorecards, programs and pictures etc kept in drawers and lofts around the region to fill a dozen museums.

I can't see it happening though, not unless it's paid for by private donations and ran voluntarily.

Excellent question, i hope there's a safe and long lasting resting place for all the league records now that the new system is in place.

I would love to see a North East cricket Museum at the Riverside, (ICG) easily accessible to all, somewhere to house the records of ALL the North East's cricket leagues. I'm certain there is enough material, photo's, scorecards, programs and pictures etc kept in drawers and lofts around the region to fill a dozen museums.

I can't see it happening though, not unless it's paid for by private donations and ran voluntarily.

A tremendous idea archived local cricket information accessible to those interested

A tremendous idea archived local cricket information accessible to those interested
There was talk, in amongst all that about DCCC's new ground development, that they were going to incorporate a museum. I dont know if its died a death or not.

There was talk, in amongst all that about DCCC's new ground development, that they were going to incorporate a museum. I dont know if its died a death or not.

Often wonder about old scorebooks guess most of them are just left lying about in people's cupboards. They could be donated would be lovely to see some of the fine statistics of local crickets from the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back