A question about jam on toast

Do you have it with or without butter?

I think with butter is superior myself but I think I might be in the minority here as I also have butter on a bacon sandwich

No butter - just jam.

What about cheese on toast? We had this discussion when my eldest was here last weekend.

I toast the bread as normal and then put the cheese on and grill it just until the cheese melts. I like it so the toast is crunchy all the way through.

He puts the cheese on bread and then toasts it under the grill until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread are toasted but the bread is still soft in the middle.

What's your preference?

No butter - just jam.

What about cheese on toast? We had this discussion when my eldest was here last weekend.

I toast the bread as normal and then put the cheese on and grill it just until the cheese melts. I like it so the toast is crunchy all the way through.

He puts the cheese on bread and then toasts it under the grill until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread are toasted but the bread is still soft in the middle.

What's your preference?

Put the cheese on the bread, lie the toaster on its side and then toast it

Do you have it with or without butter?

I think with butter is superior myself but I think I might be in the minority here as I also have butter on a bacon sandwich
Frijj in recent years I have ditched the jam and just left the butter. Ohhhhhhh it’s nice.

No butter - just jam.

What's your preference?

Put the bread in the toaster till it's about 80% done, add cheese and stick under grill for few minutes

Back