A potential 1,300 job creation site next to nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The A1 has been in a state up upgrade for about 10 years. They've done a cracking job. But it takes time.

I don't see what's so hard. Politicians ask for a quote and a cost-benefit analysis. Then they pick a quote and tell them to crack on.
Its not like anyone has to write the dictionary or anything.

Well whatever it is god knows that the NE needs the investment and hopefully they'll do whatever they can to get it

So we're back to square one then, meaning a central govt organisation will need to approve the A19 upgrade?
That was my entire point.

We've gone from suggestion that if the government upgraded the A19, jobs would follow
to
The jobs are waiting and cannot be created until they upgrade the A19

The case has just been made 10 times stronger.

That was my entire point.

We've gone from suggestion that if the government upgraded the A19, jobs would follow
to
The jobs are waiting and cannot be created until they upgrade the A19

The case has just been made 10 times stronger.

Well here's hoping they do but that kind of defeats the point of the blame hoyed at SC

I've told you twice.
Because the A19 cannot safely cope with the extra traffic.
Is that what it says though? The article goes on to suggest the council have suggested a different road layout, but the developers don't like it. Sounds to me more like the road layout and design for the new site are the problem, not the existing A19.

They'll build it elsewhere instead, and we lose out
A Nissan supplier isn't going to locate too far away from the plant though are they?

Reactions: PTR
So the DfT or Highways England would have to borrow loads of money and spend years upgrading the A19?

My issue was with your comments about how politicians have no brains and it's all easy. I don't think it is.

It's taken them more than three f***ing years to do the bloody A1. I remember being in the car back up to Durham summer three years ago and it was 50mph then and it's 50mph now. It'll still be 50mph this time next year.

There will be people who are shit at their jobs in all walks of life. Politicians and the lazy kernts doing the A1 included.

Petition your council then.

Why would an area absolutely desperate for jobs and investment turn it away? Something is up here

The decision makers might not have received a good enough bribe.

Is your weight loss competition still ongoing?

It is

Final weigh in on Saturday morning you see. Hasn't gone as well as hoped this month about 81kg right now so hoping to be sub 80kg and then I can carry on trying to get that down to 75kg then 70kg. Should be at 70kg by the end of the year I hope

I've told you twice.
Because the A19 cannot safely cope with the extra traffic.
I work in Birmingham, the local infrastructure hasn't been able to cope for years, far worse than anything being experienced on the A19 but there's literally billions of pounds currently being invested on development there.

Are they not saying it should be rejected because of the fact Sunderland and South Tyneside council are building exactly the same thing slightly further down, so they dont want the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back