A potential 1,300 job creation site next to nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where's all this money for an A19 to smart motorway upgrade coming from?
From the corporation tax, income tax and savings to beneifts that come from the jobs that have been proven to be there once the roads are sorted?

They did a far far harder job on the western bypass to be fair mind.

March 2019 IIRC. I get stuck in that every day :)
It'll be good when it's done but f***ing hell it's a pain now! Been round a couple times when they've had no lights working-mayhem!

Reactions: PTR
You sound like a reet Tory here.

:lol:

I'm just saying that it is nowhere near as easy as people clearly think it is

Oh aye we'll just plonk this huge site here that'll have no repercussions whatsoever

You know that if they did put that site there then they'd just get moaned at for causing works or wasting money - no win situation

I'm interested as to why they've said no initially mind

I'm just saying that it is nowhere near as easy as people clearly think it is

Oh aye we'll just plonk this huge site here that'll have no repercussions whatsoever

You know that if they did put that site there then they'd just get moaned at for causing works or wasting money - no win situation

Reetio Theresa.

Officers say the proposed development is ‘premature and conflicts with adopted Unitary Development Plan policies’; that the proposed hub location is ‘inappropriate’; the development is ‘prejudicial to highway safety’ and there is not enough information to assess the scheme’s ecological impact.

This site is close to the AMAP as mentioned, and I don't think Nissan were keen on it for whatever reason.

@Boris Bear may be able to elaborate
IAMP you mean?

I can see that the council may be keen to focus on the IAMP rather than individual projects like this...particularly when the bloke in question made his money from off licenses (KansandKandy) rather than manufacturing. It will be a shame if we can reach an agreement with him to do a development mind

I've already quoted from the article. They seem to be saying there isn't enough road capacity for the people to drive to do the jobs.

But that money needs to come from somewhere first
You do realise its not actually a literal pot of actual money that gets spent by the government, right? We're borrowing all the time to fund future growth. That's actually the right type of borrowing.

I've already quoted from the article. They seem to be saying there isn't enough road capacity for the people to drive to do the jobs.

You do realise its not actually a literal pot of actual money that gets spent by the government, right? We're borrowing all the time to fund future growth. That's actually the right type of borrowing.
They'll build it elsewhere instead, and we lose out

So the DfT or Highways England would have to borrow loads of money and spend years upgrading the A19?

My issue was with your comments about how politicians have no brains and it's all easy. I don't think it is.

It's taken them more than three f***ing years to do the bloody A1. I remember being in the car back up to Durham summer three years ago and it was 50mph then and it's 50mph now. It'll still be 50mph this time next year.

So the DfT or Highways England would have to borrow loads of money and spend years upgrading the A19?

My issue was with your comments about how politicians have no brains and it's all easy. I don't think it is.

It's taken them more than three f***ing years to do the bloody A1. I remember being in the car back up to Durham summer three years ago and it was 50mph then and it's 50mph now. It'll still be 50mph this time next year.
The A1 has been in a state up upgrade for about 10 years. They've done a cracking job. But it takes time.

I don't see what's so hard. Politicians ask for a quote and a cost-benefit analysis. Then they pick a quote and tell them to crack on.
Its not like anyone has to write the dictionary or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back