A Place in the Sun

I’ve lived 90 minutes from Disney for the last five years and haven’t had the slightest inclination to go. Mind as I keep saying that will likely change when the Nairn gets a bit older and starts pestering me!

This lad knows.

Bollocks.
Fantastic weather fifty weeks a year. Which means people aren’t generally miserable moaning gits like back home. I’m a beach lover and live near Clearwater Beach which keeps on winning best beach in the land. Horses for courses eh?

Plus I wake up every morning to this ...

Logon or register to see this image

(Or sometimes this ...:eek:)

Logon or register to see this image
Those trees look dead Susan. x

There's a couple on at the minute in their 50s on about buying a flat in Kissimmee, Florida on a complex that in includes a communal gym, pool, golf course and a six restaurants all contained within the gates of the community.

This to me just sounds like a posh old peoples home, yet they're convinced their kids (who are in their 20s) will love flying out to stay there. They said they've waited to come back to Florida to buy a place since they visited the theme parks on their honeymoon 25 years ago. :neutral:
I really have no idea what you're moaning about ?
Seems lile a decent idea. Gated communities are not uncommon amongst any ages not just old people. Don't underestimate the lure of 12 months of sunshine at any age.

I write this lying on the beach aged 48 so I reckon I know a bit about the subject. You've already said, you're judging someone in their 50s making retirement plans, and you're aged 32. :neutral:

I really have no idea what you're moaning about ?
Seems lile a decent idea. Gated communities are not uncommon amongst any ages not just old people. Don't underestimate the lure of 12 months of sunshine at any age.

I write this lying on the beach aged 48 so I reckon I know a bit about the subject. You've already said, you're judging someone in their 50s making retirement plans, and you're aged 32. :neutral:

I don’t have any interest in exclusivity. I travel to meet people and have new experiences.

Yet another episode today where a couple in their 40s/50s want to buy a gaff in Kissimmee so they can "spend every summer visiting the theme parks" ffs.

They first visited 27 years ago and just keep coming back.

Last edited:
Yet another episode today where a couple in their 40s/50s want to buy a gaff in Kissimmee so they can "spend every summer visiting the theme parks" ffs.

They first visited 27 years ago and just keep coming back.

When the residents of Kissimmee become incontinent, are they forced to move to Pissimmee?

Back