A Place in the Sun

There's a couple on at the minute in their 50s on about buying a flat in Kissimmee, Florida on a complex that in includes a communal gym, pool, golf course and a six restaurants all contained within the gates of the community.

This to me just sounds like a posh old peoples home, yet they're convinced their kids (who are in their 20s) will love flying out to stay there. They said they've waited to come back to Florida to buy a place since they visited the theme parks on their honeymoon 25 years ago. :neutral:
God's waiting rooms them complexes.

Saw a program last week where some lass wanted to drag her family to live in NZ because she'd lived there before with her previous husband. Looked to me like the bloke was just going along with it for an easy life. They basically had a week long holiday and had to decide whether that was better than their life at home. They'd been on holiday for a week, of course it was going to be better than a week of taking the kids to school in the rain every day.

Saw a program last week where some lass wanted to drag her family to live in NZ because she'd lived there before with her previous husband. Looked to me like the bloke was just going along with it for an easy life. They basically had a week long holiday and had to decide whether that was better than their life at home. They'd been on holiday for a week, of course it was going to be better than a week of taking the kids to school in the rain every day.
It's obvious on that programme 'Wanted Down Under' that a load of them just go for a weeks holiday and have no intention of relocating.

It's obvious on that programme 'Wanted Down Under' that a load of them just go for a weeks holiday and have no intention of relocating.
To be fair like I've just done a Google on it and this family stayed another few weeks, sold their house when they got back to the UK and are all set to go.

To be fair like I've just done a Google on it and this family stayed another few weeks, sold their house when they got back to the UK and are all set to go.
The ones that are never going to go usually have unrealistic expectations of the value of their UK home and the maths doesn't work to buy a home wherever they are visiting.

I'm now watching something called The £100k Drop hosted by Davina McCall and there's a lass in her 30s on it saying if she won the money she'd go on holiday to Florida to go to all the theme parks. What the fuck is wrong with people man? Pure simpletons with absolutely no imagination.

This is coming from someone watching daytime TV as well.

What would you do with the money?

So all of us that work from home watch it :lol:

I binged on VICE TV when I first got the home gig because I hadn't realised such a channel existed. I've usually got my music or podcasts on but today I've basically just had a day pretending I'm on the dole because I had nee work to do and I'm knackered.

What would you do with the money?

Depends on how much I won but something much, much cooler.

None of the divs who appeared on the programme walked away with any money at all.

The two lasses who came closest ended up crashing out after they thought 30km was a longer distance than 20 miles. I think they'd have walked away with £2,500 each had that had a brain cell between them.

Last edited:

Back