A Place in the Sun

There's a couple on at the minute in their 50s on about buying a flat in Kissimmee, Florida on a complex that in includes a communal gym, pool, golf course and a six restaurants all contained within the gates of the community.

This to me just sounds like a posh old peoples home, yet they're convinced their kids (who are in their 20s) will love flying out to stay there. They said they've waited to come back to Florida to buy a place since they visited the theme parks on their honeymoon 25 years ago. :neutral:

Last edited:

There's a couple on at the minute in their 50s on about buying a flat in Kissimmee, Florida on a complex that in includes a communal gym, pool, golf course and a six restaurants all contained within the gates of the community.

This to me just sounds like a posh old peoples home, yet they're convinced their kids (who are in their 20s) will love flying out to stay there. They said they've waited to come back to Florida to buy a place since they visited the theme parks on their honeymoon 25 years. :neutral:
Sounds to me like a retirement plan that just makes you want to die.

Or summit like that.

This to me just sounds like a posh old peoples home, yet they're convinced their kids (who are in their 20s) will love flying out to stay there. They said they've waited to come back to Florida to buy a place since they visited the theme parks on their honeymoon 25 years ago. :neutral:
Sounds like paradise to me at 65 yr old

sounds class .... me thinks someone is just jealous

We're off to Florida this year (12 of us) and the villa we're stopping in was bought by a couple who were on this programme a few years ago, so had a watch and seen what it was like :lol:

Lovely place been there few times, sounds ideal for when getting to that age.

Kids can come over with their bairns. Cheaper than having to get a hotel/villa and the grandkids would be buzzing to go see their grandparents as can also go to the theme parks too.

Lush and warm too, wonder what the hurricane policy is if there is damage? If they aren't liable for repairs sounds a good deal.

Lovely place been there few times, sounds ideal for when getting to that age.

Kids can come over with their bairns. Cheaper than having to get a hotel/villa and the grandkids would be buzzing to go see their grandparents as can also go to the theme parks too.

Lush and warm too, wonder what the hurricane policy is if there is damage? If they aren't liable for repairs sounds a good deal.
You have to buy extra hurricane insurance above and beyond normal building and contents.
Anyway Kissimmee is miles from the beach so I’m out!

I’d be all over that like if my rents moved to Florida ... be even better when you have kids anarl

So did I.
Who do you think property tax goes too? It’s not the federal government.

I think you might have meant state income tax. Florida has federal income tax only no state income tax.
Property Tax
Though the state government does not collect any property taxes, local governments receive much of their funding through these taxes. These rates are assessed at the local level and can vary by county, and they are based on the value of the property. Property taxes in Florida are some of the highest in the country, although there are several exemptions to try to lighten the load on some Floridians.

thats from the state website.

Back