A pint of Tokyo Pride

I love the Asahi HQ building & beer hall in Tokyo, designed to look like a pint of Asahi. I took more or less the same picture when I was lucky enough to be out there a couple of years ago. Would have loved to have had a little more time to go in on a tour but I was on a bit of a whistle stop tour.

Logon or register to see this image

Looks like it came from the AB Inbev / SAB Miller merger. Forced to flog a few brands and breweries to satisfy monopoly commissions.

Interesting...
When I got the Beer Magazine from CAMRA I might have clocked something like that but since I told them to send it digitally I don't read it!

I love the Asahi HQ building & beer hall in Tokyo, designed to look like a pint of Asahi. I took more or less the same picture when I was lucky enough to be out there a couple of years ago. Would have loved to have had a little more time to go in on a tour but I was on a bit of a whistle stop tour.

Whys the building being attacked by a massive sperm, has Godzilla just fired one off

Fullers are selling their brewing arm to Asahi, allowing them to focus on their pub & hotel business.

London Pride beers sold to Japanese firm

I do like a pint of Pride, I must admit, so hoping the buyout doesn't affect the brands other than a different name running the famous brewery out Chiswick way.
I've been on the tour and it's a great experience those 45 mins in the free bar after are well worth the cost of the tour .

I was in Tokyo last week and the ykk building looks like a load of zippers - don’t have any photos mind but I am sure some clever people on here can find some

Back