A One Metre Line

I’ve watched the footage like and I can’t see any argies encroaching on the penalty. Not sure on the offside like can’t believe they haven’t made more of that. Has any media mentioned the fact she might have been offside? Is there any footage looking along the line?

sunday football has the sin bins next year . sure new rule is only 3 in a wall with attackers 1 metre away and cannot go into the wall

Prepare for penalties awarded from every corner kick.

The fouls would soon stop, and we’d see more scoring opportunities.

I’d much rather see corners become a competition of athleticism rather than a competition of who can pull on each other’s shirt the hardest. Was great when they hammered players at the World Cup for this

They’d be barely 10 yards behind the penalty spot?!...

... what we need is the “Penalty Bungee” to be strapped around the keepers waist “it’s a knockout” style

What annoyed me most about this is that they are being pedantic about the goalkeeper but there was clearly Argentinian players in the box when the penalty was scored, so why isn’t that pulled up?
Do you mean the 1st or 2nd penalty and is this the Scotland-Argentina game? Aye in the 1st penalty there was an Argentinian lass leaning into the box. However this is not a cautionable offence and depending on what else happens with the penna and because the keeper coming off the line that takes precedent.

Logon or register to see this image

It's all explained here as that's exactly what happened the other day in the France-Nigeria game as both the keeper came off the line and attacking players encroached so it was both offences at the same time from the 2 teams. Only the keeper gets booked as encroachment isn't bookable.

Law 14 - The Penalty Kick

Logon or register to see this image

If you are talking about the 2nd penna that was scored then no player was encroaching. That image is after the ball is kicked so it's close and maybe 1 player is leaning over the line but you said clearly and players? :confused:

I think they will pick up on encroaching in time as they'll just use the offside software to see if players have passed the invisible wall above the line.

I’ve watched the footage like and I can’t see any argies encroaching on the penalty. Not sure on the offside like can’t believe they haven’t made more of that. Has any media mentioned the fact she might have been offside? Is there any footage looking along the line?
Nah I've seen that they said she wasn't offside. However watch just prior to that and look at the 2nd sub farce as the ref blew to restart play while Scotland had 12 players on the pitch as 2 were just swapping places on the halfway line :lol: How the fuck the 4th official didn't speak to the ref to say "ow woman man woman, 'ad on a bit, the 2nd sub is still taking place ya daft f***ing bint!" :lol:

I explained it here

The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019: Haway the Lasses

Id assume if one of these players scored var would dissallow it. That will stop that happening.
This! Players will soon adapt and keepers will stay with one foot on the line and players outside the box will wait a fraction longer before running in. VAR will rarely step in as managers will drill it into players not to run into the box because if their team scores they run the risk of getting it retaken. Same goes for the defending team running in as the keeper may save it but it's got to be retaken.

All VAR has done is move the lines of doubt to lines of certainty yet the kerfuffle about it is amusing to see! The rule was there before and before the revision, keepers had to stay on the line and they've now changed it so they can step out prior to the kick. Keeper's have been penalised for coming off the line or players running into the box when the officials manage to spot it and feel confident enough to give it.

Given they've got to watch the keeper, kicker and about 10 players around the box then it's obvious that sometimes it isn't picked up. This has now been the 'accepted' level by everyone in football but that leaves it open to interpretation of the officials guessing when the ball is hit, which player is where at that precise moment in time from their own unique viewing angle and then we have fuck ups and moaning by everyone because of a few inches on the replays!

Now all VAR has done is use those replays and made it far easier to see that moment and from numerous angles in slow motion/freeze frame, That now elimates the guessing from the on pitch officials which aren't a fixed position which means the decisions given/not given varied so much and should cut down on the moaning/whining about officials getting things wrong yet it's still happening when rules are enforced correctly :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back