A nice thread to post nice things of when your kids made you proud.

Here’s something I posted around this time 3 years ago. It went from pride to disgust in 2 short paragraphs.

"In particular, my 3 year old. We brought him to see Santy today &, as you would expect, there was kids everywhere. There was 2 kids playing & they bumped into my lad & without realising that it wasn't his fault, he said 'Oh, sorry'. I honestly never felt so proud & said to my Mrs that we were doing a good job of raising him with some manners.

Fast forward to a few hours later & it was time for bed. I went upstairs to get his pyjamas & came back down to see the little bollix standing on one leg in the front room & piss coming out the end of his jeans & he just looking at me as the piss was dripping on to his shoe & on to the floor. I then had to open the piss soaked lace which, of course, got knotted. I hope, for his sake, Santy didn't see that".

When one of my lads was 17, in the first year of sixth form one of his mates was diagnosed with cancer & started chemotherapy. Because he didn't want to go through the embarrassment of having his hair falling out while he was at school he decided to just shave his heed at the beginning & be done with it. So my son and some of his other mates decided to get their heeds shaved at the same time so that their pal wasn't going to stand out on his own looking like some weirdo. They made a video of them doing it, before & after pics etc with links to the teenage cancer charity & asked friends & family to make donations. Someone then put this on Reddit and it went a bit viral and ended up generating thousands of pounds for the Teenage Cancer Trust. The school picked up on this and this bunch were given an award at the school annual awards ceremony. Now you have to understand that these lads were not the kind who would normally get anywhere near this event - they were never going to be the ones to win prizes for maths or music or whatever, and on the evening the teachers were fuming cos they turned up late after having been to the pub beforehand. They got a great reception from the parents and they all looked really embarrassed. Actually, the publicity appeared to have been the start of lots of groups of people shaving their heads to support friends in similar circumstances over the years.

The lad with the cancer got well again btw

Couple from me. My daughter doing a solo singing part in school, despite being as shy as they come. Also, when asked if anyone wanted to do after school clubs, she said reading stories. She was about 10 at the time, and the kids laughed at her. She stuck to her guns though, and soon there was 8 other kids signed up.

Last edited:
When one of my lads was 17, in the first year of sixth form one of his mates was diagnosed with cancer & started chemotherapy. Because he didn't want to go through the embarrassment of having his hair falling out while he was at school he decided to just shave his heed at the beginning & be done with it. So my son and some of his other mates decided to get their heeds shaved at the same time so that their pal wasn't going to stand out on his own looking like some weirdo. They made a video of them doing it, before & after pics etc with links to the teenage cancer charity & asked friends & family to make donations. Someone then put this on Reddit and it went a bit viral and ended up generating thousands of pounds for the Teenage Cancer Trust. The school picked up on this and this bunch were given an award at the school annual awards ceremony. Now you have to understand that these lads were not the kind who would normally get anywhere near this event - they were never going to be the ones to win prizes for maths or music or whatever, and on the evening the teachers were fuming cos they turned up late after having been to the pub beforehand. They got a great reception from the parents and they all looked really embarrassed. Actually, the publicity appeared to have been the start of lots of groups of people shaving their heads to support friends in similar circumstances over the years.

Lovely that mate.

I heard about that mate, if it's the one I think it is. Absolutely class story, with a happy ending.

Back