A new set on Flickr

Discussion in 'Photography discussion' started by Rosscoah, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosscoah

Rosscoah Central Defender

2. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Very nice. You have a very good eye for a shot.

I particularly like the way you've processed them.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  3. Rosscoah

Thanks mate, yeah i think since my first set of pics from the Yashica came back I'm getting a bit of a thing for the cross processed/film type look.

Can you tell? :lol:

4. clyde

clyde Winger

Yep, real nice set mate, also like the xpro style processing.

5. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

What film did you use in the end?

6. Rosscoah

Cheers mate

Just had one roll back so far and that was Fujicolor200, got another one of those in getting developed which i should have back tomorrow, and a roll of Illford B&W 400 half finished still in the camera. Ended up just buying a selection of various brands and ISO just to have a play around with.

This set was all taken on the DSLR, but here's a link to the first set from the Yashica: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosscoah/sets/72157624391344091/

7. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

Ah, I see you put full information under the pic. Nice one.

I preferred Fuji back in the day but Kodak was good.

One of my favourite all time colour films was Sakura back in the early eighties but it was taken over by Konica.

Then along came a new generation of finer grain colour films and I never felt Konica was as good as Sakura so switched to Fuji.

You used to find with other brand names though, that if it was made in Germany it would be Agfa rebranded and if it was made in Italy it would really be 3M.

8. Rosscoah

Nice one, stuff like that is always handy to know. Still got some Kodak, Illford, more Fuji and some other brand that i can't remember off the top of my head. All in the fridge next to the Branston Pickle, should keep me going for a bit.

9. Mercia Blackcat

Mercia Blackcat Striker

I know you probably are so don't take this wrong but you're keeping the film in a sealed bag and allowing it to reach room temperature before taking a roll out?

In the 1970s when I was living in a private flat I had an Olympus OM10. The fire needed fixing so could not be used so I got a cheap paraffin heater for a couple of weeks...bad idea.

Anyway, the camera stopped working and I took it back to the shop. Olympus were quite happy to replace it but when it came back they queried whether I had been in the Tropics. :eek:

Condensation can be a bitch.

10. Rosscoah

Ha actually no i hadn't been doing that but fortunately when i have taken the films i've used out of the fridge I haven't loaded them straight away so may have gotten away with it. I shall keep that in mind from now on, cheers for that!! ;)

11. AB22 Easy Tiger

Yeah, exactly what I'm doing.

Care to share you cross processing technique?

12. Rosscoah

Yeah no worries, I've got my own Lightroom 3 preset that i used on a lot of these. Just made a few tweaks after applying it to fill light and blacks etc. Some were just random settings but i tried most with the preset first.

Not sure what the rules are for links to d/ls on here so anyone that wants it best pm me for a sendspace link.

Just got second Yashica film back today, set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosscoah/sets/72157624658530034/

13. AB22 Easy Tiger

I like the effects on them too, did you post process digitally?

You're fine to post the link to your sendspace - as long as it's not an illegal download, which I'd guess it isn't.

14. Rosscoah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.