A New Manager

Travis

Striker
I don’t have anything against Ross and wouldn’t be upset if he’s given at least until the end of the year to improve the way we play. I also don’t see who could (realistically) come in and make a big difference.

When the takeover happens there is a very special project for an ambitious manager and we will have the clout to pay the potential boss what he wants. It would still in my opinion rule out managers that could get Premier League or even championship jobs but I do feel we could look abroad to a young up and coming manager that is getting his teams playing good attacking football.

So who could we realistically look at?

Doing a bit of research (as know bugger all about foreign leagues) there seems to be quite a few young managers that are one or two steps away from a big job.

My research was a bit shit and came up with one who probably wouldn’t be available. That and Ivan Lenko who is under investigation for dodgy stuff

Christophe Pelissier - Took an unknown team into Ligue 2 and then got back to back promotions with Amiens. Only recently joined L’Orient though so be a big ask.

So who else is out there that could revolutionise our playing dna?

I think Ross will be given until late November to have us in the top two and looking like a side that will comfortably gain automatic promotion.

If he hasn’t achieved that I can see a change being made in time for the new man to assess the squad and determine where we need to strengthen in January.

We shouldn’t need to spend much to get out of L1 but it we’re serious about making a speedy return to the premier league then the summer window should be interesting.

No new manager and we won't be spending big, if we get new owners....Irrespective of the Greedminds horse-shit thread and everyone embarrassing themselves on it!

Leave Ross in place and start the process of recruiting a director of football e.g somebody to oversee scouting, recruitment and youth develolment. I can’t see how any of the new board members would be qualified to make or suggest a change while Jack Ross is Donald’s man.

Far more important than spending big on a name or even expensive players at this stage, is to get an infrastructure in place. Identify how we want to play, an identity if you like, then start to think about managers, coaches and players.

But for now, leave Jack Ross to get on with the job

Leave Ross in place and start the process of recruiting a director of football e.g somebody to oversee scouting, recruitment and youth develolment. I can’t see how any of the new board members would be qualified to make or suggest a change while Jack Ross is Donald’s man.

Far more important than spending big on a name or even expensive players at this stage, is to get an infrastructure in place. Identify how we want to play, an identity if you like, then start to think about managers, coaches and players.

But for now, leave Jack Ross to get on with the job
And what job is that

Managing the club back to the dizzy heights of the Championship this season. If he fails, he’ll have to go of course, but all the signs (well some signs at least) point to him doing exactly that.
Signs. Really . I watch players who haven't a f***ing scoobie what role they play on the field. It's boring nauseas and on a par with what I witnessed under Jimmy Adamson and Simon Grayson.

If we're still in this league next season I doubt I'll be renewing. It's f***ing awful stuff. I'll get an allotment and go to the pub to watch some proper footballers.

You dont see who realistically come in and make a difference. How long you been watching football
Okay I don’t know. I knew nothing of Ross before he came. I only know those managers in the top divisions because their pedigree can be properly measured and is reported on. Anyone else coming in will be a risk as Ross was.

However I don’t want a career manager I want someone with an actual football philosophy and track record of changing a clubs fortunes.

If we're still in this league next season I doubt I'll be renewing. It's f***ing awful stuff. I'll get an allotment and go to the pub to watch some proper footballers.
With Moyes 2 in charge u will
Okay I don’t know. I knew nothing of Ross before he came. I only know those managers in the top divisions because their pedigree can be properly measured and is reported on. Anyone else coming in will be a risk as Ross was.

However I don’t want a career manager I want someone with an actual football philosophy and track record of changing a clubs fortunes.
Personally I dont see any football philosophy and as for a track record...

Personally I dont see any football philosophy and as for a track record...
I don’t either with Ross, that’s the concern. He’s been given time to put his mark down but has failed.

So do you know anyone? Surely FFP doesn’t include paying a manager? If/when the takeover happens surely we should look to appoint someone that can take us up the leagues as well as change our performances and pay them accordingly? If it is a new era it would be the biggest statement to find that person?

Apart from my missus who's the supreme optimist's supreme optimist I speak to no-one who enjoys watching Ross's brand of football. I've got no idea why the owners, who I think are doing a decent job by the way, can't see that he's holding the club back. Gates are starting to drop, performances are no better than the second half of last season and worse than his first half a season. He's a real passion killer.

Back