A New Manager

I think Nigel Clough would be a good fit for us...born here, has worked hard over many years and his teams are organised and play good football. He would he good to get us to challenge for the Prem which is what we should aim for within three years.

It would still in my opinion rule out managers that could get Premier League or even championship jobs
You would be surprised, now we have sorted a lot of crap out, Sunderland is still a massive draw for managers given we are getting higher crowds than anyone in the Championship. Offer enough money and we could still attract a high profile manager.

Not saying that is the correct thing to do like, as I still have hope for Ross.

I think Nigel Clough would be a good fit for us...born here, has worked hard over many years and his teams are organised and play good football. He would he good to get us to challenge for the Prem which is what we should aim for within three years.
There's absolutely nothing to suggest that he'd be capable of doing that.

Fuck me, reading this thread youd think we were bottom of the league! I'm sure weve only lost one game in 9 or summat. Pretty good record if you also note weve beaten a strong premier league side at their place. We were dire at Peterborough and the players lost their discipline, but I'm prepared to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. Trouble is, people on here cut him no slack at all. We need to get behind him. If he wins the next three games, people will still be whingeing their tits off.

Don't think he should be sacked yet but if he was Nathan Jones surely can't last that much longer at Stoke...

The Cowley's I think would have been a real coup for us but that ship has sailed.

Gareth Ainsworth potentially. Done a great job with Wycombe on peanuts and is quite outspoken about wanting to manage a club with ambition. Think he has the right temperament and would at least toughen us up.
Been surprised at how much Jones has struggled at Stoke as he looked like a good appointment at the time.
Ainsworth i like, comes across really well in interviews, has outfoxed Ross everytime and his players look like they'd run through brick walls for him, Similarly Karl Robinson at Oxford.
Mark Robins has got Coventry playing some exciting stuff all be it not so great defensively and he surely wouldn't be fazed by coming to a big club considering his playing career.
Brian Barry-Murphy at Rochdale could be the one to watch though, only been in charge since March yet got them playing some lovely football.

Simon Grayson is outperforming him ffs. We can’t realistically get any worse imo. Too much individual quality
Perhaps Grayson is better than you think. Just shows how difficult it is to predict a manager’s performance at one club from his record at another.
Been surprised at how much Jones has struggled at Stoke as he looked like a good appointment at the time.
Ainsworth i like, comes across really well in interviews, has outfoxed Ross everytime and his players look like they'd run through brick walls for him, Similarly Karl Robinson at Oxford.
Mark Robins has got Coventry playing some exciting stuff all be it not so great defensively and he surely wouldn't be fazed by coming to a big club considering his playing career.
Brian Barry-Murphy at Rochdale could be the one to watch though, only been in charge since March yet got them playing some lovely football.
Perhaps a useful warning for people who think they can pick a manager

Last edited:

Back