A new breed of supporters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd debate saying those types of supporters have always been there, only now social media has given them a platform to get together and have a voice.

Once enough idiots get together and reaffirm their beliefs in this echochamber, ie Twitter and to a point this board, they think their opinion is actually more valid than every other supporter simply because they are making more noise and more posts.

Social media is a great way to connect with people, the unfortunate downside is a lot of people are f***ing idiots and once they band together, things get nasty. Especially when it comes to football and Sunderland.

Yep, there were plenty of wankers at Roker Park as well.

Social media doesn't help, now people can tweet opinion in the heat the moment after a match and it can spread and influence others like wildfire, rather than just ranting to your mates in the pub and its quickly forgotten.

I think in the grand scheme of things, if you look at what we've been served up in the last 15 years, we are a pretty tolerant bunch.

Doubt people at the club spend a lot of time on an Internet forum. It’ll be abuse aimed at them directly that affects them.

Stunned by the number of people that boo and hurl abuse at their own players. Morons of the highest order.

I think this board has a huge impact on the negativity surrounding the club.

The players on the pitch don’t help either mind

The owners and players need to ignore 90% of what's said on here. I've stopped visiting here as much as it just isn't what it used to be.

I can't imagine one supporter being totally happy with the current situation. However, be patient, its not the black death, we will turn it around and climb out of it , we always do.

the players on the pitch have a huge impact on the negativity surrounding the club , and I go back years.
This.
The fans, and this board, reflect what's going on on the pitch. When we are forced to suffer the shite of the last few years things are bound to turn nasty eventually. The club has been let off lightly for quite a while now.
And absolutely none of this is the fault of the fans.

Keyboard Warriors - although I use the term ‘supporters’ lightly.
I get why the doom and gloom going around as we are at our lowest ever ebb in our history
But what I don’t get is this new breed of so called supporters who seem to want us to fail
Parky was never my choice but I don’t care who is Manager so long as we get promoted
I don’t see any enjoyment in getting beat so we can get shot of another Manager
All I am reading is Parky was doomed to fail before he even Managed a single game
Parky is not going anywhere just now so get behind him and the team and you never know you might just enjoy a win
If you really enjoy getting beat so you can winge then try picking another team, there are plenty below us where you could enjoy losing even more often then we do

I've mentioned on previous posts I have always defended the manager, I defended Reid, Gus, PDC, Dick, O'Neil. Christ I even thought Moyes would turn it around!!!! I really don't think constantly changing managers is the answer for the stability of this club and there is obviously something (as Gus said) wrong with the club. Until we find what that is and tackle it nothing will change.

I just look and since Parkinsons appointment the team has got worse, a lot worse. Ross's 1-1's are now ending up in defeats and I now think Ross was over achieving with the team. On paper, if you looked at CV's, we sacked the best person for the job. I really do hope that he can turn it around as (on paper) we have the best squad in the division. Just look to Grigg as whats wrong, why the hell can't we get a striker that should be one of the top strikers in the division scoring. Why can't we boss a midfield, look at the players we have had in there compared to other teams?

I get why the doom and gloom going around as we are at our lowest ever ebb in our history
But what I don’t get is this new breed of so called supporters who seem to want us to fail
Parky was never my choice but I don’t care who is Manager so long as we get promoted
All I am reading is Parky was doomed to fail before he even Managed a single game
Parky is not going anywhere just now so get behind him and the team and you never know you might just enjoy a win
If you really enjoy getting beat so you can winge then try picking another team, there are plenty below us where you could enjoy losing even more often then we do

You could summarise by saying "I don't agree with someone so I call them a derogatory term".
I don’t call those who don’t ‘support’ the club financially as supporters. They are followers/fans imo

What contribution should everyone make per season?

It has been getting even when we win people were calling for the Managers head. Although I see your point, you should also see that they are not going to sack a Manager they have just appointed. So you can give him a chance. Supporting your team through thin and thin.
Been supporting them through thick and thin for sixty years mate. Thank god this board was not about for much of them, People still moaned in those days though , just the internet is a new way of doing it. We all have a right to voice our opinion and frankly running our club as a third division one with third division staff does not help.

I've never shat in anyone's knicker draw yet or formatted any fucker. On this scientifically researched basis I'd say this place is hardly an influencer (see, I can dig the new cool words, daddyo).

Club officials and players obviously have a look, more out of curiosity than anything, but I'd imagine their response is of the "wtf" and shake their head laughing variety. One or two titbits may be picked up but there's no way this place has the effect some think it has.

best post for ages, and you are right

Supporters don't want us to fail. The ones who are most upset at SAFC failing are the ones you are criticising for complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back