A new breed of supporters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you could see this coming. The team has been skating on thin ice for over a year, a change of luck was obviously going to hit hard. Ross is now an enigma, it would look as if he was getting the best results possible out of this poor squad. It wasn’t good enough though. It hasn’t been good enough for a decade or more and there was bound to be a reaction sooner of later. January will be crunch time. They might be playing on the car park next season.
Apparently we don’t own the car park.

No not at all, only need to look up the road to see that what with their 'protests' and that.

I don't mind people having a moan saying we're shite coz let's face it we are. The atmosphere at the match hardly ever reflects what's said on Twitter and on here. I just don't agree with the personal abuse that gets dished out. Some of the stuff people come out with is appalling.

No need for personal abuse, however people need somewhere to state what they feel, unfortunately some shit gets flung, but not everyone is flinging it.

The team are not performing, no energy passion or desire

The recruitment team have done nothing, they are rotten

The manager seems to be the first choice of the club, and nearly no one else, based upon references, probably supplied by his mates in football, SD should be kicked in the bollocks for that alone. He isnt the right manager, I hope he proves me wrong. January will tell us everything

Is this what we need to do

Last edited:
I remember before social media and going to the club for a pint, you still had the doom and gloom merchants even though they never went to Roker Park. Nothing has changed.

Keyboard Warriors aka dickheads. There's so many because most of the time there is no consequence for their abuse.

The negativity around players performances and recent results fully justified. The abuse the Chairman has had is not. From being nearly bankrupt we now operate within FFP and our financial position is better than the shambles it was 18 months ago when people like NDing and Rodwell bless the Club dry, people that our owners got rid of very quickly.
These players are not world-beaters but they are playing way below their ability levels as proven by the pathetic performance at Scunthorpe. They need to step up and quickly.

The negativity around players performances and recent results fully justified. The abuse the Chairman has had is not. From being nearly bankrupt we now operate within FFP and our financial position is better than the shambles it was 18 months ago when people like NDing and Rodwell bless the Club dry, people that our owners got rid of very quickly.
These players are not world-beaters but they are playing way below their ability levels as proven by the pathetic performance at Scunthorpe. They need to step up and quickly.
Fully agreed

the players on the pitch have a huge impact on the negativity surrounding the club , and I go back years.

I agree. But I also think this board does. I think every sunderland fan I know looks on this board. All generations, all genders. Things get quoted in real life from here as fact. They say social media is the number one influencer these days and I think this board plays a role in the mood among our fan base.

Been going since 1971 and now 48 years later we are shitter than we have ever been. Even when we were shit throughout this period we had hope and BELIEF. Many have lost the belief with the game of charades messrs SD and CM are playing.
Appointing PP was the straw that broke the camels back for quite a few.
If anybody can convince me he was/is the right appointment feel free to do so.
Dont think we are bottom of our current pit either but that's just a personal opinion.

Been going since 1971 and now 48 years later we are shitter than we have ever been. Even when we were shit throughout this period we had hope and BELIEF. Many have lost the belief with the game of charades messrs SD and CM are playing.
Appointing PP was the straw that broke the camels back for quite a few.
If anybody can convince me he was/is the right appointment feel free to do so.
Dont think we are bottom of our current pit either but that's just a personal opinion.

Give him 10 league games. That’s all I say to anyone. So far he is won two, lost one away (narrowly). Let’s see where he is after this. If we are too 3 by then would you be happy considering his starting point ?

I agree. But I also think this board does. I think every sunderland fan I know looks on this board. All generations, all genders. Things get quoted in real life from here as fact. They say social media is the number one influencer these days and I think this board plays a role in the mood among our fan base.

I agree that social media plays a role in altering the mood of some of our fans , I’d dispute how much and with how many though.

As a disclaimer that I’ve got absolutely nothing to back my opinion up though.

I think this board has a huge impact on the negativity surrounding the club.

The players on the pitch don’t help either mind
Don't agree
I think this board has far too high an opinion of itself
Minority (who would moan about the note size if you gave them a million pounds) think they are representative
of the whole fan base.

Give him 10 league games. That’s all I say to anyone. So far he is won two, lost one away (narrowly). Let’s see where he is after this. If we are too 3 by then would you be happy considering his starting point ?
I'm not understanding this post

Don't agree
I think this board has far too high an opinion of itself
Minority (who would moan about the note size if you gave them a million pounds) think they are representative
of the whole fan base.

Based on what I hear from friends and work colleagues i disagree. But that’s fine, the board is about debate. I constantly hear fans refer to this board and it’s contents as fact. Like i said in my post, I’d say it’s probably 3/4s if the season ticket holders I know do this.
Based on what I hear from friends and work colleagues i disagree. But that’s fine, the board is about debate. I constantly hear fans refer to this board and it’s contents as fact. Like i said in my post, I’d say it’s probably 3/4s if the season ticket holders I know do this.

You said can anyone convince you PP was right appointment. I’m not trying to convince you, I’m just saying give him ten league games. If we are too 3 after ten league games I’ll be impressed with him.

Last edited:
But what I don’t get is this new breed of so called supporters who seem to want us to fail

If you really enjoy getting beat so you can winge then try picking another team, there are plenty below us where you could enjoy losing even more often then we do

There is huge amounts of negativity around, but I have yet to meet one of these mythical Sunderland supporters who want to see us fail or lose.

Keyboard Warriors - although I use the term ‘supporters’ lightly.
I get why the doom and gloom going around as we are at our lowest ever ebb in our history
But what I don’t get is this new breed of so called supporters who seem to want us to fail
Parky was never my choice but I don’t care who is Manager so long as we get promoted
I don’t see any enjoyment in getting beat so we can get shot of another Manager
All I am reading is Parky was doomed to fail before he even Managed a single game
Parky is not going anywhere just now so get behind him and the team and you never know you might just enjoy a win
If you really enjoy getting beat so you can winge then try picking another team, there are plenty below us where you could enjoy losing even more often then we do
Just typical of life today, people look for negatives 24-7, one of the reason you get so many depressed these days.

No need for personal abuse, however people need somewhere to state what they feel, unfortunately some shit gets flung, but not everyone is flinging it.

The team are not performing, no energy passion or desire

The recruitment team have done nothing, they are rotten

The manager seems to be the first choice of the club, and nearly no one else, based upon references, probably supplied by his mates in football, SD should be kicked in the bollocks for that alone. He isnt the right manager, I hope he proves me wrong. January will tell us everything

Is this what we need to do

I'm no happy clapper, but unlike you I haven't given up yet.

After 16 games last season Barnsley were 4th, Luton 5th and Charlton 13th. We've only played 15 games and sit in 7th. We've been knocked out of two cups nobody wanted to be in anyway. Teams above us are dropping points too. Haven't even played half the season yet and people are going on like we will be relegated man.

Had some investment, got more focus on the league. What ever happened to keep the faith?

As someone said above, the performances deserve the stick and I've been dishing it out at the matches like anyone else. But I don't agree with PP or SD getting abuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back