A new breed of supporters...

andysafc24

Midfield
Keyboard Warriors - although I use the term ‘supporters’ lightly.
I get why the doom and gloom going around as we are at our lowest ever ebb in our history
But what I don’t get is this new breed of so called supporters who seem to want us to fail
Parky was never my choice but I don’t care who is Manager so long as we get promoted
I don’t see any enjoyment in getting beat so we can get shot of another Manager
All I am reading is Parky was doomed to fail before he even Managed a single game
Parky is not going anywhere just now so get behind him and the team and you never know you might just enjoy a win
If you really enjoy getting beat so you can winge then try picking another team, there are plenty below us where you could enjoy losing even more often then we do

I get why the doom and gloom going around as we are at our lowest ever ebb in our history
But what I don’t get is this new breed of so called supporters who seem to want us to fail
Parky was never my choice but I don’t care who is Manager so long as we get promoted
All I am reading is Parky was doomed to fail before he even Managed a single game
Parky is not going anywhere just now so get behind him and the team and you never know you might just enjoy a win
If you really enjoy getting beat so you can winge then try picking another team, there are plenty below us where you could enjoy losing even more often then we do
You answered your point in your second paragraph

To be fair if you enjoy watching your team get beat we're a pretty good team to support.

You ever heard of freedom of speech, it’s what allows you to post what you’ve just posted, others have the same right to comment as they choose.

So! We should always be jumping up and down and cheering our great club, praising the management and owners when we are in a streak of relegation form. Give your head a shake man. I realised that didn’t work when I was eleven, after our first ever relegation.

So! We should always be jumping up and down and cheering our great club, praising the management and owners when we are in a streak of relegation form. Give your head a shake man. I realised that didn’t work when I was eleven, after our first ever relegation.

It has been getting even when we win people were calling for the Managers head. Although I see your point, you should also see that they are not going to sack a Manager they have just appointed. So you can give him a chance. Supporting your team through thin and thin.

I'd debate saying those types of supporters have always been there, only now social media has given them a platform to get together and have a voice.

Once enough idiots get together and reaffirm their beliefs in this echochamber, ie Twitter and to a point this board, they think their opinion is actually more valid than every other supporter simply because they are making more noise and more posts.

Social media is a great way to connect with people, the unfortunate downside is a lot of people are f***ing idiots and once they band together, things get nasty. Especially when it comes to football and Sunderland.

I'd debate saying those types of supporters have always been there, only now social media has given them a platform to get together and have a voice.

Once enough idiots get together and reaffirm their beliefs in this echochamber, ie Twitter and to a point this board, they think their opinion is actually more valid than every other supporter simply because they are making more noise and more posts.

Social media is a great way to connect with people, the unfortunate downside is a lot of people are f***ing idiots and once they band together, things get nasty. Especially when it comes to football and Sunderland.

Its different at other clubs then?

I don’t think it’s just our club but I agree there’s a lot of supporters now who just think that there club should have instant success. Life’s not like that, everyone can’t win everything.
In relation to our current situation. I think the issue is the players in the squad rather than who’s managing them. Ross came with a reputation for attacking football but after shipping ridiculous goals in the first handful of games went very defensive and maybe this was the only way he could see of getting results out of a squad who were defensively woeful. Once we got sick of that and demanded more attacking football, Parkinson came in and is telling the team to get forward and have a go. It leaves us open all the time and he’s getting slaughtered for not getting wins. Problem is, it’s a recruitment issue and regardless of how much we want it, it’s not possible to just get rid of players and bring in half a team that will instantly fit in. That stuff takes time and no one gets time anymore because of the “instant success” generation. This should’ve been sorted before last season because that’s the nearest we’ll ever be to a clean slate but recruitment obviously wasn’t the best.

Last edited:
It has been getting even when we win people were calling for the Managers head. Although I see your point, you should also see that they are not going to sack a Manager they have just appointed. So you can give him a chance. Supporting your team through thin and thin.
Surely you could see this coming. The team has been skating on thin ice for over a year, a change of luck was obviously going to hit hard. Ross is now an enigma, it would look as if he was getting the best results possible out of this poor squad. It wasn’t good enough though. It hasn’t been good enough for a decade or more and there was bound to be a reaction sooner of later. January will be crunch time. They might be playing on the car park next season.

Its different at other clubs then?
No not at all, only need to look up the road to see that what with their 'protests' and that.

I don't mind people having a moan saying we're shite coz let's face it we are. The atmosphere at the match hardly ever reflects what's said on Twitter and on here. I just don't agree with the personal abuse that gets dished out. Some of the stuff people come out with is appalling.

We all call ourselves supporters and by definition this should be by the means of offering encouragement and wanting us to do well. The negativity on this forum towards everything which is related to SAFC (by some not all) is at obsessive uncontrollable levels and is just a drain as it seems some 'just get off on it' wanting us to fail. As for the keyboard warrior faction of support, yourself, me and everybody else that posts on here can be classed as that to be honest. Faceless and nameless trolling and the like...we all do it to some degree.

Back