A Level Results

Private schools do the EBacc and get their results a week earlier than A levels.
A cynic would say that this is an advantage for places at some of the top prestigious universities who can determine a students origin from this alone.
It also helps if you've missed the entry requirements and have a buffer when ringing them up.
No they dont.. Some may but the majority dont.

Canny, what are they going to study & where?
Both going to Newcastle Uni, son doing history which I`m really envious about. The syllabus looks fascinating. My daughter is doing sports and exercise science in part of the medical school and wants to focus on biomechanics.

Well spotted.

“Peter, 37, an analyst at Deloitte, stresses the importance of not worrying if you fail. ‘I got two Ds and an E and I did okay’”

Forgetting to mention his Dad works there and got him a job

To be fair if he is still an analyst at 37 he has done shit.

A decent grad on their grad scheme would be looking at partner or on the verge of it by 37

My twins got 2A*`s & an A, and 3A`s respectively. Very, very happy. Obviously inherited their brains and good looks from me:lol: Both off to uni now so an empty house in one fell swoop.

Finally sorted out the age old adage about which one you love more

Last edited:
To be fair if he is still an analyst at 37 he has done shit.

A decent grad on their grad scheme would be looking at partner or on the verge of it by 37

Finally sorted out the age old adage about which one you love more

Average salary of £44k apparently. I’d take that at 37 with shit A-Levels :lol:

Both going to Newcastle Uni, son doing history which I`m really envious about. The syllabus looks fascinating. My daughter is doing sports and exercise science in part of the medical school and wants to focus on biomechanics.

I work in the medical school. Next year we are opening a new building just for this. Some of the stuff that’s planned to go in there to teach this looks awesome. Real state of the art stuff.

I work in the medical school. Next year we are opening a new building just for this. Some of the stuff that’s planned to go in there to teach this looks awesome. Real state of the art stuff.
I am so pleased to read that. That was one of the things that really swung it for her. She was so impressed by the staff (as we were on the open day) and how they said that the course is so new and geared towards what the leading employers and industry experts were looking forward made it a big draw for her. It blew her next choice Leeds totally away.

Back