A Judge with a Brain, finally

That’s shocking. Deserved sentence despite his age, hopefully this sohas inspired a few ancient road users to permanently hang up their keys

I bet every old person who’s ever seriously injured or killed someone got in their car thinking they were just as good drivers as they were at 40. You’re not going to wake up one day unable to drive well, it’ll be a gradual process you won’t even notice. Once the kids say you’re driving is shit due to age f***ing listen to them and not your massively swollen ego....
I quite agree its a gradual thing. That's how i know im not as good a driver now even at 61 as i was when i was 40, but ive been a very experienced driver and am still well good enough , especially as i adapt with extra caution. I don't have a swollen ego, quite the reverse , I'm interested in and vigilant about my own experience of aging and decline . I wont need an outsider to tell me.

I quite agree its a gradual thing. That's how i know im not as good a driver now even at 61 as i was when i was 40, but ive been a very experienced driver and am still well good enough , especially as i adapt with extra caution. I don't have a swollen ego, quite the reverse , I'm interested in and vigilant about my own experience of aging and decline . I wont need an outsider to tell me.
61’s fuck all, You’ll be at least mid 70’s before you start thinking about this decision so hopefully your judgement won’t be impaired by then. The last fatality I attended was caused by someone who thought he was fine driving a ridiculously long shift, he wasn’t and he killed his best mate. I appreciate that’s totally different but it’s only to illustrate that sometimes you’re not the best person to judge.
Personally I’ll be jacking it in when I no longer have to work. I can’t stand driving now and I’m in my 40’s, so hopefully by 60 I’ll be a bus/metro wanker 👍

61’s fuck all, You’ll be at least mid 70’s before you start thinking about this decision so hopefully your judgement won’t be impaired by then. The last fatality I attended was caused by someone who thought he was fine driving a ridiculously long shift, he wasn’t and he killed his best mate. I appreciate that’s totally different but it’s only to illustrate that sometimes you’re not the best person to judge.
Personally I’ll be jacking it in when I no longer have to work. I can’t stand driving now and I’m in my 40’s, so hopefully by 60 I’ll be a bus/metro wanker 👍
Im kind of hoping to retain capacity into my 70s but you never know , my mams 92 and just started losing it now . I'm going to have to take away the keys to the artic' if she gets any worse.;)
To be fair people continue to drive at all ages with all kinds of impediments, how many people drive loaded with flu that reduces concentration and reaction , or restricted by bad backs or bad necks that hamper full vision .
I wont be driving if its not safe to do so and i think for every elderly driver that continues to do so despite evident huge decline there are many more who have noticed and packed it in.

It's a massive issue in many industries. Sometimes I've got to drive 6 or 7 hours to get to a job then do a 10 hour shift. I'd imagine loads of jobs work long hours and overnight and it must be as bad as drink driving.

His ‘onour “Fickie Frijj” is in session

Just because the judge didn’t do what the criminal wanted him to do, doesn’t mean he ignored the GP opinion - it’s all taken into consideration

Hey there. Can I introduce you to sentencing guidelines?

the judge lads don’t just stick their finger in the air and shout a number you know.
She ignored medical evidence that said he would die if he went to prison, she sent him to prison and he died, she also blocked bail for an appeal.

She ignored medical evidence that said he would die if he went to prison, she sent him to prison and he died, she also blocked bail for an appeal.

She considered it. She considered the medical evidence in her sentencing.

Not getting the outcome you desire does not constitute ignoring it.

That’s shocking. Deserved sentence despite his age, hopefully this has inspired a few ancient road users to permanently hang up their keys

More to the point I hope it has the effect of getting more GP's to start saying to their aging patients that they are no longer fit to drive ant informing the DVLA oof the same. this is how the system is supposed to work for drivers over 70. If this system isn't working then maybe they should be looking at some sort of periodic mandatory reevaluation. Driving is a privilege not a right after all.

Back