A heads up for people parking.

Never paid a parking ticket. Just bin them, they soon get bored of wasting trees.
Our lass (no) got rushed into hospital by ambulance 3 weeks ago. I followed through by car and tried to get parked but it was right in the middle of visiting. I parked on a piece of waste land in the carpark and put on a ticket with every intention of returning and moving my car once I knew the misses was ok and visiting over. I made sure that no pathways/gates or roads were obstructed. Returned to fined a £60 ticket on my window.
Today is last day to pay before it goes to £100. it was a private carpark and not council ran so do you advise not paying it.

Our lass (no) got rushed into hospital by ambulance 3 weeks ago. I followed through by car and tried to get parked but it was right in the middle of visiting. I parked on a piece of waste land in the carpark and put on a ticket with every intention of returning and moving my car once I knew the misses was ok and visiting over. I made sure that no pathways/gates or roads were obstructed. Returned to fined a £60 ticket on my window.
Today is last day to pay before it goes to £100. it was a private carpark and not council ran so do you advise not paying it.

Ring he security team at the hospital and explain the circumstances - you might get lucky but really should have done it straight away

Entirely up to you. Sounds like you have grounds to appeal so go down that route first.

If you do ignore it you will start to receive a series of ever increasingly intimidating letters threatening various action. That might be enough for some people, personally I’m not arsed about it. Never had one yet that hasn’t given up eventually, might just be luck though 🤷‍♂️

I have a drawer full of about 50 "parking fines", I say fines but technically they are invoices for a product you never agreed to buy.

I never correspond with them but love a threatening letter, if someone ever takes me to court then I reevaluate but as of this moment I love parking in these places in full view of the parking warden, never pay for a ticket and fuck off when I'm good and ready. I find the whole thing quite entertaining.
I'd be careful still. The law changed a few years ago and they can and do chase people very aggressively and take them to court. Before that the letters weren't worth the paper they're written on but its different now.

I'd be careful still. The law changed a few years ago and they can and do chase people very aggressively and take them to court. Before that the letters weren't worth the paper they're written on but its different now.

I've seen that but I still continue to do it and ignore the letters, it's a source of amusement for me to get one.

If I ever successfully get taken to court I'll change by ways but until then I'll continue to bait them.

Send them an invoice for your time and angst, quoting their fraudulent claim. Nowt will come of it but it may provide a bit entertainment.

Last edited:
I just got one from parking in the car park of my doctors (Pallion Health Centre)..normally when I go in one of the lasses behind the counter will say 'have you registered your car in the car park' then they give you a laptop to register..they didn't this time and I just got the prescription and left..same as the OP..£100 or pay it straight away and it's £60..fkn disgrace.

They tried to get me to pay the same a few weeks ago. Got a letter to say that I'd parked illegally. I contested this by producing a screenshot of my appointment time and I knew for a fact that I'd registered the car at reception. They replied after a couple of weeks saying that as a gesture of goodwill the fine had now been cancelled but reminding me in future to adhere to there parking terms and conditions.

Absolute set of bastards

Back