A heads up for people parking.

I remember seeing something on that Martin Lewis where he said to keep all old tickets because they can do this. It's then down to you to prove that you were there for the correct amount of time. He said never throw away the parking ticket recipe that you display

My wife had this once, and her uncle twice, in Sunderland Royal Hospital, correct procedures had been followed, bunch of crooks and chancers, had to send letters of explanation for each one, and the 70 pound fines were overturned

Aye. Tried it on a few people in my family anarl, including my nana (thankfully she keeps all receipts). Quite ironically I think the eye infirmary is another that tried it on.

Would love to slap the shit out of the snivelling shitbags who have input in to this theft.

I remember seeing something on that Martin Lewis where he said to keep all old tickets because they can do this. It's then down to you to prove that you were there for the correct amount of time. He said never throw away the parking ticket recipe that you display

I have a drawer full of about 50 "parking fines", I say fines but technically they are invoices for a product you never agreed to buy.

I never correspond with them but love a threatening letter, if someone ever takes me to court then I reevaluate but as of this moment I love parking in these places in full view of the parking warden, never pay for a ticket and fuck off when I'm good and ready. I find the whole thing quite entertaining.

I have a drawer full of about 50 "parking fines", I say fines but technically they are invoices for a product you never agreed to buy.

I never correspond with them but love a threatening letter, if someone ever takes me to court then I reevaluate but as of this moment I love parking in these places in full view of the parking warden, never pay for a ticket and fuck off when I'm good and ready. I find the whole thing quite entertaining.
Why don't you pay to park?

I took my son to Middlesbrough to do his car theory test.
He passed the test and was in the place for about 40 minutes or so.
We got to the place with plenty of time to spare and we just sat chatting away.
I paid the £1.50 to park which allowed me 2 hours.
From going into the car park to coming out of the car park, was 84 minutes. How do I know this? I was sent a letter telling me I owe the parking place £100 but if I pay within 28 days it's only £60.
Only £60 :rolleyes:

It's a pay and display on Oak street pay and display car park, yet they have cameras clocking your reg going in and going out....and time, obviously.
Anyway I did display my ticket clearly on the dash. I make sure I do this...but with it being a pay and display I didn't think it was also a parking eye kind of effort that doesn't seem to log your reg on your ticket into a system.

So thinking it was just a pay and display where a parking attendant would come round and check your ticket is valid I basically flung my ticket as I left the car park.

The letter says....contravention Reason:
Parked without payment of the parking tariff for the vehicle registration mark of the vehicle on site.

21st of august I took my son for his test and yesterday I was phoned whilst out doing a job....by my wife telling me about this.
I was gutted. My head was done in because I'm a stickler for keeping receipts and stuff.

I emptied my wallet and out pops about 10 north tees hospital parking eye tickets but no Middlesbrough one.
Then I had a bit of a thought.
I didn't fling my ticket out of the window or put it in the bin. I put it in the door well. I went out to the car and found the ticket.

This is what's on my ticket.

13:20 21 Aug 19
Paid £1.50 reg *******

Then 3 sets of numbers.
Then
Issued: wed 21 Aug 2019 11:20.

The photo on the fine with my front reg is TIME OF ENTRY 11:13:52........
The photo with my rear reg is TIME OF EXIT 12:38:50.

Now imagine if I'd flung the ticket?
They would've had me hook line and sinker and it's a private car park.

I got my daughter to take a picture of the ticket and send it to them via email.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I know this is long winded to explain it but I thought I'd give you the full carry on.
Theres not a clear black & white answer for your conundrum.....i'd pay it.

Why don't you pay to park?

Because I hate these companies after they tried to con me out of £100 once claiming I hadn't parked in the confines of the bays. I appealed the fine and then googled them and found out these companies are just a bunch of chancers whose sole aim is to make money by hook or crook so I just fuck with them now.

Yeah, our lass had to enter it onto the ticket machine which gives the ticket out with my reg on it.
But, like I said, it was a pay and display for this oak street.
Do they get paid just to chase people and can one of these firms fuck your credit rating. I ask as the son in law has about 8 tickets from glass centre (whilst at uni) but he says no one pays them. But I’m concerned he won’t get a mortgage next year with the daughter as they threaten him with a ccj.

Do they get paid just to chase people and can one of these firms fuck your credit rating. I ask as the son in law has about 8 tickets from glass centre (whilst at uni) but he says no one pays them. But I’m concerned he won’t get a mortgage next year with the daughter as they threaten him with a ccj.
I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.

I just got one from parking in the car park of my doctors (Pallion Health Centre)..normally when I go in one of the lasses behind the counter will say 'have you registered your car in the car park' then they give you a laptop to register..they didn't this time and I just got the prescription and left..same as the OP..£100 or pay it straight away and it's £60..fkn disgrace.

This makes you just as bad as the parking wardens...

I took my son to Middlesbrough to do his car theory test.
He passed the test and was in the place for about 40 minutes or so.
We got to the place with plenty of time to spare and we just sat chatting away.
I paid the £1.50 to park which allowed me 2 hours.
From going into the car park to coming out of the car park, was 84 minutes. How do I know this? I was sent a letter telling me I owe the parking place £100 but if I pay within 28 days it's only £60.
Only £60 :rolleyes:

It's a pay and display on Oak street pay and display car park, yet they have cameras clocking your reg going in and going out....and time, obviously.
Anyway I did display my ticket clearly on the dash. I make sure I do this...but with it being a pay and display I didn't think it was also a parking eye kind of effort that doesn't seem to log your reg on your ticket into a system.

So thinking it was just a pay and display where a parking attendant would come round and check your ticket is valid I basically flung my ticket as I left the car park.

The letter says....contravention Reason:
Parked without payment of the parking tariff for the vehicle registration mark of the vehicle on site.

21st of august I took my son for his test and yesterday I was phoned whilst out doing a job....by my wife telling me about this.
I was gutted. My head was done in because I'm a stickler for keeping receipts and stuff.

I emptied my wallet and out pops about 10 north tees hospital parking eye tickets but no Middlesbrough one.
Then I had a bit of a thought.
I didn't fling my ticket out of the window or put it in the bin. I put it in the door well. I went out to the car and found the ticket.

This is what's on my ticket.

13:20 21 Aug 19
Paid £1.50 reg *******

Then 3 sets of numbers.
Then
Issued: wed 21 Aug 2019 11:20.

The photo on the fine with my front reg is TIME OF ENTRY 11:13:52........
The photo with my rear reg is TIME OF EXIT 12:38:50.

Now imagine if I'd flung the ticket?
They would've had me hook line and sinker and it's a private car park.

I got my daughter to take a picture of the ticket and send it to them via email.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I know this is long winded to explain it but I thought I'd give you the full carry on.

I had this happen last month in Boro as well. They clocked me coming in to the car park at 6:40, I bought 4 hours parking and they clocked me leaving at 10:50. Tried to charge me £100, or £60 if I paid in 14 days.

I appealed on the smart parking website, basically they’re supposed to give you a 20 minute grace period (10 on entry and 10 on leaving) and can’t just clock you entering the car park (as you’re not actually parked immediately on entry).

Got an email about a week later saying they’d cancelled the charge.

I used the PCN template on this thread for my appeal, just copied and pasted, changed a couple of things.

As someone else already said there’s some good advice on this stuff elsewhere on that website too.

Back