A former I.R.A child bomber tells his story

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

My step father was a British Soilder who done several tours of Northern Ireland so I have no respect for people who killed innocent people on both sides.

You Tube recommended this video to me and it was fascinating and incredibly powerful to watch.

Take 25 minutes out of your day and watch this.

Its hard to forgive him for what he did, should he still be walking the streets ?
Why hasn’t anyone hunted him down that he hurt or killed ?
Living in Belfast in them days must divide and motivate people to carry out these atrocities as if it was normal, it’s hard to imagine how it was.
Thought it was put together poor mind, could have been so much better that it was.
Been to Belfast a couple of years ago and as the lads told us in the black cab tour, it’s a living city, people on both sides of the troubles still walk the streets, lovely city mind.

Its hard to forgive him for what he did, should he still be walking the streets ?
Why hasn’t anyone hunted him down that he hurt or killed ?
Living in Belfast in them days must divide and motivate people to carry out these atrocities as if it was normal, it’s hard to imagine how it was.
Thought it was put together poor mind, could have been so much better that it was.
Been to Belfast a couple of years ago and as the lads told us in the black cab tour, it’s a living city, people on both sides of the troubles still walk the streets, lovely city mind.
Mrs is from Northern Ireland, Strabane, I've spent a lot of time in Derry.

I've met people that were active during the troubles and have done time off the back of it (neighbours, family members of her mates etc.). They are disappointingly normal rather than being horrible twats or idealogues in my experience.

The IRA were a bunch of bastards, they didn't pop up out of nowhere though. I'd never read up on past the headlines it as a young'un but ended up buying a fair amount of books in Belfast International as I was passing through, no side is clean when it comes to the troubles.

Back