A First Class County

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
For 20 years..... Yvette in the Live Match Chat just mentioned today is our 20 year anniversary of playing our first game as a First Class County against Oxford University.

She asked the LMC'ers what our opinions were on the 20 most influential Durham players of that time, so I pose to my good friends on here that same question.......??

Could make for a cracking debate.

Might not n arl like :neutral:

Wow, is it really 20 years since I was freezing my bollocks off at The Parks? At least we saw the first century partnership before it was mercifully rained off at lunch and we could spend the rest of the day in the pub.

Killa sneaks in for longevity

Plunkett. Played for England after all

For 20 years..... Yvette in the Live Match Chat just mentioned today is our 20 year anniversary of playing our first game as a First Class County against Oxford University.

She asked the LMC'ers what our opinions were on the 20 most influential Durham players of that time, so I pose to my good friends on here that same question.......??

Could make for a cracking debate.

Might not n arl like :neutral:

Pics!!

They always say that it was people like Boon and Hussey who changed the clubs mentality from whipping boy, nice tryers, to a professional club and its been the overseas players who have realy added to the teams over the years - perhaps disproportionately to any other CC side.

Its continued with Benks and MDV and we still desperately need the momentum and professionalism that they bring to the club.

I'd love too see us get Ponting next season (he is good mates with MDV) even if its just for 3 months.

Happy birthday though Durham; its been a helluva ride.

Based on what exactly? He isn't in the same league as MDV/Benks in terms of what they have done for Durham.

Comfortably in any top 20, haway

Formed an England career based on performances for DCCC, or did I miss something?

I really wouldn't pick many of the early lads, it was only really when Boon came over and the academy started to show progress that the county got going. Could have saved an awful lot of cash not bothering with the big names early, although granted some of them did do ok.

My top 10 would be

Collingwood, Benkenstein, Gibson, Di Venuto, Brown, Harmison, Onions, Blackwell, Killeen, Mustard

The next 10 may see some of the older guard make my list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back