A few words from McGeouch

He should have been played more last season, another mistake by Ross.
JR obviously told him to be more adventurous, he wasn't so was sidelined, he was obviously bought for a reason and hasn't lived up to his reputation, hopefully lessons learnt and he's the midfield kingpin we are missing.

JR obviously told him to be more adventurous, he wasn't so was sidelined, he was obviously bought for a reason and hasn't lived up to his reputation, hopefully lessons learnt and he's the midfield kingpin we are missing.

I think that's possibly unfair, he was playing well up until getting injured. He regained his fitness and never got a look in.

We here the same sort of bollocks spouted by many footballers who have failed! such as danny graham,josy altidore and the king of the anal water Jack rodwell ....as they take another year of wages and fail to produce the goods......What they are going to do bla bla bla ..it all falls apart the minute they cross the white line...the problem with mcgeoch is that its not about his ability as he is good at this level ,He just cannot stay on the pitch as he is made of glass and has the heart of a pea!..........like you i will wait and see but i predict more of the same next season!If he did not have the option of another year on his contract he would have been binned as we simply cannot afford to pay sicknote players !

Our best centre mid.
Logon or register to see this image
if mcgeoch is our bset center mid fella ....never on the pitch and nee point having messi if he only plays 10 games a season!

Last edited:
I thought we really missed him towards the end of last season. Power, Leadbitter, Cattermole were all very samey in midfield while McGeouch did offer something different. He looks for the ball at least and I reckon provides a better balance to midfield.
The aimless hoofs from the CB became more frequent when he wasn’t in the side.

Ross will hopefully be less mental this time out.
He didn't want to touch him then returned Dylan to side, injury, then waited two months after his injury to resort to playing him - after discarding him from the match squad altogether - only to then use him three times in a week, when evidence suggested he was non-plussed about him.

Back