A different viewpoint

I'm hoping that PP is just going to come in & put round pegs in round holes.

Part of the reason we looked so slow and ponderous was because half of the team had no idea what they were meant to be doing.

Our squad has good players in it, they just didn't suit whatever system it was Ross was trying to play.
I’m not so sure.

Yes we have some good players and organising them will be a big advantage especially defensively. Clean sheets. remember them?

However we do lack pace and aggression as well as physical presence in midfield and in attack. Maybe he will put that right in January if there are some funds available....

I’m not so sure.

Yes we have some good players and organising them will be a big advantage especially defensively. Clean sheets. remember them?

However we do lack pace and aggression as well as physical presence in midfield and in attack. Maybe he will put that right in January if there are some funds available....
I'd argue that aggression and physicality are as much tactics and preparation than anything.

Though I will agree that we don't have that raw pace element that gets quite a few teams in L1 some easy goals. That doesn't mean we can't change into an aggressive pressing side that plays a quick passing and moving style when we win the ball back. We just need to remind the players that you score by getting into the opposition box, not knocking it around on the half way line or near the corner flag.

Genuinely can’t see how we can get worse than we were under Ross. We might still be shite but at least we’ll be able to see what we’re trying to do.
As posted elsewhere, JR averaged almost 1.9 points a game. We can do a LOT worse.
Haway the Parko. Best of luck marra.

As posted elsewhere, JR averaged almost 1.9 points a game. We can do a LOT worse.
Haway the Parko. Best of luck marra.

Maybe mate but we’ve not looked like doing anything since February. We’ve been awful in 2019 and looked on the slide

He has my support until he starts f***ing things up. He will because they all do unless they’re lured away by a bigger club. He knows this, all managers accept they’ve a shelf life and that it’s just a matter of jumping before your pushed or hanging on for the compo.
I think he’ll do ok.
This is his big chance. As daft as it sounds SAFC in Div3 is a massive job. Do well here and it could add years to his merry go round time. Do well here and Leeds, Sheff Wed, Forest, Ipswich, WBA, Stoke etc will have him in mind for the next time they start sliding downwards.

Back