A Day in the Life of the SMB - Finally, the pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another well done to AB22.
I forgot all about this time around but will try to contribute next to the next one.
Taffs hotel shot is the Blue Bell in Belmont, Northumberland isnt it? Used to stay there years ago when working up there.
You mean Blue Bell, Belford, Northumberland.

My shitting position is the same as @Mackem Chris

Where is the stadium in the pictures taken by @pride of the north ?

Great job everyone, especially @AB22 Easy Tiger for sorting it all out.

Look forward to the next one :D If anyone could be arsed to arrange it we should do it monthly
Rosso is being arsed to run a friendly monthly competition. But neebody can be arsed to enter it. Mesell incuded, but i don't get out much.

Oh and good stuff AB

Sorry I missed this at first, then when I saw the photos I thought it was just as well, mine would,ve been so boring in comparison.

I love owt like this, well done everyone for making the effort I really enjoyed looking at the pics

Thanks

Heeeed

My shitting position is the same as @Mackem Chris

Where is the stadium in the pictures taken by @pride of the north ?

Great job everyone, especially @AB22 Easy Tiger for sorting it all out.

Look forward to the next one :D If anyone could be arsed to arrange it we should do it monthly

Sorry, only just seen this. It's the Izmailovo Stadium, Moscow, Russia. Before WW2 it was planned to be the Stalin National Stadium for the USSR and was going to hold 100,000 people. They got started but the war broke out and work stopped with one stand more or less complete (holds about 20,000). The area around it is also home to a bunker intended for use by the Kremlin high command if Moscow fell to the Nazis and is rumoured to be linked to Red Square by a secret metro line.

After the war the plans changed and the national stadium was built in a different part of town and called the Central Lenin Sports Complex (it's still there, but now called Luzhniki and closed for repairs ahead of 2018). This one was largely ignored until the late 80s when it was opened as a sports ground for the local university of tourism, sport and youth culture. The military stuff comes from the Museum of the Russian Army, which is responsible for maintaining the bunker. The game was Sportakademklub vs Lokomotiv Amateurs in Division 3 (Moscow) of the Russian footballing pyramid. That's technically the fourth tier, but entirely amateur. Above it you've got about 130 pro teams. Loko won 4-0, Sportklub missed a penalty that might have made the second half more competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back