1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTG A Day in the Life 26/12/17 - the pictures

Discussion in 'Photography discussion' started by AB22 Easy Tiger, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Kid Galahad

Kid Galahad Striker

Good stuff, well done GB

2. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

My guitar has fallen over.

3. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

For some reason, yours didn't link correctly

4. Congratulations @Typhoonftm, couldn't get a better Christmas Present than that! :p

Love this one :lol:

Great pics everyone, enjoyed looking at them all.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Kid Galahad and Typhoonftm like this.
  5. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Excellent thanks for all the hard work on this marra.

6. Gideon Gungeon

Gideon Gungeon Striker

some crackin insights there mate. appreciated. updating the files now

7. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Mine and his in the same post go perfect together.

My book cover very much resembles his photo.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. Well done marra.

Typhoonftm likes this.
  9. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

@rebski

rebski likes this.
  10. taff

taff Midfield

Great stuff AB22, can't wait for the next one. Mid April would be great!

11. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Regarding the rotation, all of the photos appeared correctly (in my preview) when I shared them.

Unfortunately, not every piece of software obeys this Exif tag. Some programs–especially older image programs–will just load the image and ignore the Exif Orientation tag, displaying the image in its original, unrotated state. Newer programs that obey Exif tags will show the image with its correct rotation, so an image may appear to have different rotations in different applications.

Rotating the image doesn’t exactly help, either. Change it in an old application that doesn’t understand the Orientation tag and the application will move the actual pixels around in the image, giving it a new rotation. It’ll look correct in older applications. Open that image in a new application that obeys the Orientation tag and the application will obey the Orientation tag and flip the already rotated image around, so it’ll look wrong in those new applications.

Even in a new application that understands the Orientation tags, it’s often not quite clear whether rotating an image will move the actual pixels in the image or simply modify the Exif tags. Some applications offer an option that will ignore the Exif Orientation tag, allowing you to rotate them without the tags getting in the way.

niceonemarra likes this.
  12. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

April 20th would be great! I'm going to a lecture about Aliens that day.

I honestly thought people were taking their photos in portrait.

This kind of thing happens often in my life its because I'm right especially in my belief in Aliens.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  13. It was only 30 seconds of hard graft, but thanks mate, appreciate it.

Ghost of EH7 and Kevj like this.
  14. You bucked her twice off the belt??
    Stud:cool:

Typhoonftm likes this.
  15. Roger

Roger The Gaffer Staff Member

Browsers generally don't use the image orientation data in the photo itself as this could "break" websites if images are turned round. Traditionally the way to do it is to optionally remove the orientation data from the EXIF and then manually rotate the image before uploading. Right now however, we are in a transition period where some browsers respect image orientation (if specified in the css) and others don't !

Short of removing the EXIF orientation data or setting css to not rotate and rotating the images manually, I don't know what we can do if we continue to display the images from dropbox as is currently done.

Its a shame, and something I will try to look into before the next Day in the Life.

16. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Wonky or not great photos and thanks for doing it. Once again I completely forgot to do it.

17. Whey it was her birthday. ;)

Butcher's Coat likes this.