A criminal case where you think the guilty person is innocent.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Web Sleuthing seems to be a popular phenomenon these days. Loads of people having an opinion based off what they read on the Internet and being certain of miscarriages of justice despite a jury of peers listening to all of the evidence and reaching a different conclusion. That's bad enough, but they often feel their opinion on ballistics is as valid as an expert or that their knowledge of the law surpasses lawyers and judges. It's bizarre.
Because a jury of peers can be presented with dodgy evidence.

As for experts having an opinion.. Gun experts raise doubts over Jeremy Bamber murder verdict

What makes you think that?
I’ve done a lot of digging into the case - still to watch the HBO Doc, but it’s on my list for when I’m off work this week.

1) Occam’s Razor:

the timeline presented fits, especially when matched with cellphone records and Jay’s testimony. The cellphone records have him nowhere near the mosque or any of the several places he has since said he was even accounting for disparity in location pinging. Yes, I’m aware that rabia has made a fuss about outgoing calls not being traceable, but the cell records in full corroborate what jay said.

2) Jay as an unreliable witness:

young black man is not entirely honest with police without serious assurances. This should not surprise anyone.

3) Don

Rabia makes a big deal about falsified time cards, but conveniently forgot to update the world that the opticians debunked this idea entirely. Don’s alibi was watertight.

4) Adnan:

if Adnan had said “you know what, it was a normal day, I don’t remember exactly where I was.” Fine. But he has 3 different explanations from helping fix someone’s car to Asia in the library, which was eventually pursued and discarded. I get the feeling a lot of pressure was put on Asia and there’s evidence to suggest letters were fabricated and backdated.

5) If Adnan didn’t do it, who the fuck did?

You’ve got a young woman with a new boyfriend, who had to go and collect a young relative - that she would never miss under any circumstances. The idea that she arranged to meet some stranger for a quickie that afternoon is incredibly unrealistic, and the odds of some random person finding her parked in her car and strangling her, then not stealing anything and there being no sexual assault involved is so minuscule it isn’t worth considering.

6) Bonus thoughts

I’m not entirely sure how premeditated it was - and that’s one part that I disagree with, but there’s a lot of narrative that doesn’t add up. Jay and Adnan weren’t friends - why does he hand over his car keys and brand new mobile phone then? I know there are people that say Jay did it - why? Why would he want to kill his friend’s ex?

As a Redditor and the serial producers put it, if he is innocent, he’s the unluckiest man in the world.

“If Adnan is innocent he is, as Sarah Koenig said, the unluckiest person in the world. A random serial killer kills his ex girlfriend just when he happens to have motive to kill her. It just happens to happen on a day he gave his car and phone to his criminal friend and when he has no solid alibi. The crime happens to be perfectly compatible with a two car job involving moving the victim's car. The friend he was with during the significant and unaccounted for time period of the day just happens to be the one person in all of Baltimore to stumble onto the victim's car, which has gone unnoticed by anyone else for nearly 2 months. This same friend just happens to arrange in advance a corroborating story about the crime with another friend.”

When Massingbird KC got Oscar Wilde imprisoned.

Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar. The terror of the ladies. 114 illegitimate children, world heavyweight boxing champion and author of the best-selling pamphlet "Why I Like To Do It With Girls." And Massingbird had him sent down for being a whoopsie.

;)
Deny everything Baldrick!

When Massingbird KC got Oscar Wilde imprisoned.

Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar. The terror of the ladies. 114 illegitimate children, world heavyweight boxing champion and author of the best-selling pamphlet "Why I Like To Do It With Girls." And Massingbird had him sent down for being a whoopsie.

;)
The case of the bloody knife!

Back