A cashless society

Just a way of culling the homeless population imo.
The homeless have been shafted by modern society. They were happy as Larry rumaging through bins in the 80s to find something worthwile. Fast forward to now and everytime they go digging for something there's half a dozen bag 's full of dog shit in there.
Now they're not even gonna be able to beg for cash. It will certainly ease my guilt at walking past them. :oops:

until it goes wrong.
i also have an annoyance with the tills that tell the shopkeeper how much change to give. getting rid of those will help folk do simple maths.
i have a lot of odd annoyances :):oops:
That’ll just lead to people being given the wrong change.

Only carry a small amount of cash for odds and ends that don't take card payments.

I just tap and go, even for small things like a coffee, pint etc. I have a rewards card so I get cashback on what I spend. It's quicker than cash, I don't end up with a load of change and I get paid for doing regular shopping. Win win :cool:

As I posted last year, my mother has still never even used a cash point. She goes to the branch for cash and only spends cash.

:neutral:

Will Plumbers cease to exist ?

I go to a couple of Cafes that don't take cash. To of the better and best value ones at that. I'd hate to see them struggle/go out of business. Though i bet the people who own these cafes use CC's when they buy stuff.

Can you imagine the power that transaction data will possess? Your life insurance will shoot up if you’re tracked buying a packet of tabs and a can of full sugar pop every day, or you could be put on black lists if you buy something that is deemed inflammatory by the totalitarian government that has insisted on a cashless society. We’re already tracked enough every minute of every day, we’ve given up most of our anonymity in the name of ‘safety’ and what remains we seem happy to give up on social media. You can’t type any product into google (or this forum) these days without being followed by invasive adverts for the next few weeks. Imagine if they knew what you were actually buying.

The homeless have been shafted by modern society. They were happy as Larry rumaging through bins in the 80s to find something worthwile. Fast forward to now and everytime they go digging for something there's half a dozen bag 's full of dog shit in there.
Now they're not even gonna be able to beg for cash. It will certainly ease my guilt at walking past them. :oops:
Divn't need to tip waiters either, just pay the bill with a swipe of the card and swan out to a cocktail bar

Can you imagine the power that transaction data will possess? Your life insurance will shoot up if you’re tracked buying a packet of tabs and a can of full sugar pop every day, or you could be put on black lists if you buy something that is deemed inflammatory by the totalitarian government that has insisted on a cashless society. We’re already tracked enough every minute of every day, we’ve given up most of our anonymity in the name of ‘safety’ and what remains we seem happy to give up on social media. You can’t type any product into google (or this forum) these days without being followed by invasive adverts for the next few weeks. Imagine if they knew what you were actually buying.

The transaction data will only show where it was spent, not what it was spent on.

Back