999, What’s your emergency?

Yeah he wouldn't be speaking to a nurse like.
He did mate. Used to ask for general medical advice so the call handler couldn't follow Pathways. Transfer to nurse. Was a great laugh having a listen through for them. I compiled all the calls and the bloke got traced by the police and done for malicious communications in the end :lol:

Make them give your name and address over the phone as soon as its clear it isn't a relevant call.

And yes, it is miles worse than littering - but if there can be an on the spot find for that, why not this?

Problem is if someone is ringing to deliberately waste time they aren't likely to give their real name and address

Problem is if someone is ringing to deliberately waste time they aren't likely to give their real name and address
Not suggesting its fool proof in all situations. But people who really ring in to get a lift home, or ask for information - those people will drop themselves in it most of the time.
People are are actually doing it on purpose to waste time should be passed over to the police and actually prosecuted.

My list would make you gasp.
All 999 calls and sent on blue lights
Picking up remote controls, TVs and recliners
Trip switch on consumer units
Make/straighten bed
Make drinks /food
Legs hurt missed last bus
Heating doesn't work.
Stair lift stopped working in social club
Neighbours dog barking can't sleep
Took someone to hospital with chest pains, he was in a taxi going home before we got back into the ambulance. Next job...... him pissed outside his house as he drank a bottle of whiskey in that same taxi on the way home.
In my last year ( 2016-17 ) I left 60% of the calls I attended at home. Over 40% with no treatment.

That list is the tip of the proverbial.

One bloke (scouser) rings up and says he needs an ambulance. They say what's the emergency? He replies he needs to get home and has no money for a cab. They tell him that's not an emergency, so he just starts abusing them calling them wankers etc.

Absolute c unt, as someone could be in severe danger and his actions could cost lives. Should be arrested.

No point wasting time arresting them.
Fine them if you can trace them (if it's cost effective to do so) and if he refuses to pay, then make it worse for him.

I'd also be tempted to block the number they're calling from. It's an abuse of the system.

What if this person is calling from a phone box?

Can you hear me back there in 1998?

on a similar theme - the amount of people who call Samaritans and try and use it as a sex line is unreal. It pushes a lot of female volunteers into leaving as they can end up spending most of a shift just dealing with them

Bloke used to ring the Ambulance Service to talk to the nurses and roped them into talking about anal sex claiming he just wanted medical advice about it. Caught a few of them out over the years. You could hear him knocking one out if you listened carefully :lol:
f***ing hell man :lol:

One bloke (scouser) rings up and says he needs an ambulance. They say what's the emergency? He replies he needs to get home and has no money for a cab. They tell him that's not an emergency, so he just starts abusing them calling them wankers etc.

as someone could be in severe danger and his actions could cost lives. Should be arrested.
Obviously a cock womble.

I know a lad that used to go into a random pizza shop, order bait then get it and him delivered to his address. Smart as out really, wouldn’t care he was thick as fuck :lol:

Edit- when he was struggling for a taxi.

Last edited by a moderator:
No point wasting time arresting them.
Fine them if you can trace them (if it's cost effective to do so) and if he refuses to pay, then make it worse for him.

I'd also be tempted to block the number they're calling from. It's an abuse of the system.

Can you hear me back there in 1998?
Aye, they clearly don't exist mate. Silly me

f***ing hell man :lol:

Obviously a cock womble.

I know a lad that used to go into a random pizza shop, order bait then get it and him delivered to his address. Smart as out really, wouldn’t care he was thick as fuck :lol:

Edit- when he was struggling for a taxi.
Pizza delivery drivers aren't insured to carry passengers.

Make them give your name and address over the phone as soon as its clear it isn't a relevant call.

And yes, it is miles worse than littering - but if there can be an on the spot find for that, why not this?
What if the litter was nuclear waste? Would that be worse?

Back