92 to go

DJM

Striker
8 points on the board, 38 games to go (more, if either Bolton or Bury climb out of their respective messes)

H'away the 100 points

Oh dear by my calculations if we continue collect points at a similar rate as these first four games we will only get another 76 which would make 84 in total. That would be one point less than last season but after four fewer games.

Oh dear by my calculations if we continue collect points at a similar rate as these first four games we will only get another 76 which would make 84 in total. That would be one point less than last season but after four fewer games.
The 4 fewer games is the crucial bit.

Stewart Donald wasn’t anticipating a 42 game season when he set the 100 point target.

Last edited:
The 4 fewer games is the crucial bit.

Stewart Donald wasn’t anticipating a 42 game season when he set the 100 point target.

This.

You can see it now, we get 92 points, and people complain that we’ve not got 100 therefore Donald is a chancer and Ross needs to go immediately. :lol:

Last edited:
Another win on Saturday and we’re on course for 101 points though. 92 points if Bolton and Bury are kicked out.

Equates to 92 over a full season. Not 100, but normally more than enough to go up. Which, of course, is the point of the target. You can miss it by a few and still achieve the goal.

Equates to 92 over a full season. Not 100, but normally more than enough to go up. Which, of course, is the point of the target. You can miss it by a few and still achieve the goal.
I’m sure SD said at the time that we fell 7 points short of last season’s target and missed out on promotions, so he set 100 as there’s a good chance we’ll fall 7 point short of it and still be champions.

He definitely didn’t “promise” 100 points as is made out by certain quarters of the forum!

Back