90s shoegazers

Riverside 1991 first time for me. Last time at Newcastle Academy a year or so (?) ago. Many times in between. Still first class live. Recent album was an absolute clunker though IMHO.

That’s class. Watched that a few times before. How did you end up at that?
I went to the actual festival mate (Off Festival) and the day before the band put on Twitter they were doing a secret set somewhere in the city and the first ten people to retweet it would get a message with an invite, I was one of the first few to do it, got the message with an address and what time to be there. Approaching the location I started thinking I was I was going to be in the next Hostel film like but it was all legit! It was literally an abandoned cement factory they’d cleaned up quickly to host gigs there, the acoustics were amazing.

Pretty much a case of right time right place. Andy Bell and Gardiner were absolute gents too.

I went to the actual festival mate (Off Festival) and the day before the band put on Twitter they were doing a secret set somewhere in the city and the first ten people to retweet it would get a message with an invite, I was one of the first few to do it, got the message with an address and what time to be there. Approaching the location I started thinking I was I was going to be in the next Hostel film like but it was all legit! It was literally an abandoned cement factory they’d cleaned up quickly to host gigs there, the acoustics were amazing.

Pretty much a case of right time right place. Andy Bell and Gardiner were absolute gents too.
That’s class. I’m well jealous there!
Absolutely loved ride growing up. Still do.

Flew over to see them in the roundhouse when they reformed first. Would’ve been something like 23 years after seeing them first.

That’s class. I’m well jealous there!
Absolutely loved ride growing up. Still do.

Flew over to see them in the roundhouse when they reformed first. Would’ve been something like 23 years after seeing them first.
Ah class mate, the same night I saw them play a normal set which was superb as well like. But that acoustic set was unreal, even got to see the sound check as well so it was more than what was just in that video.

Back