9 Years Ago Today - Darren Bent’s Transfer Request

No issue with Bent at all.

Got a quality season and half out of him and almost doubled our money. Can’t complain at that at all.

Sunderland isn’t the holy grail for players, once they do well then more often than not they’ll move on to better things. He got paid a fortune off Villa.

Didnt Phillips do the same years before this?

Yet one is apparently a hero who many want to be our next manager and one is a prick/tosser what ever else he is called on this thread.

Got a quality season and half out of him and almost doubled our money. Can’t complain at that at all.

Sunderland isn’t the holy grail for players, once they do well then more often than not they’ll move on to better things. He got paid a fortune off Villa.

That’s a very balanced view on the situation. However he didn’t need to talk all the bollocks about wanting to be a club legend etc. I for one didn’t see what actually happened transpiring. I was absolutely gutted when he left. Even more so that SKP tbh because we were on the cusp of really pushing on.
If he had signed for Arsenal or Liverpool I would have had no complaints but he didn’t, he went to Villa. After talking the way he had knowing we were in the position we were I think the general consensus of him being a bit of a twat is justified.

That’s a very balanced view on the situation. However he didn’t need to talk all the bollocks about wanting to be a club legend etc. I for one didn’t see what actually happened transpiring. I was absolutely gutted when he left. Even more so that SKP tbh because we were on the cusp of really pushing on.
If he had signed for Arsenal or Liverpool I would have had no complaints but he didn’t, he went to Villa. After talking the way he had knowing we were in the position we were I think the general consensus of him being a bit of a twat is justified.
Players talk shit, I never buy into all this kissing the badge nonsense. All I ask is while they’re are here is to do the business. Which Bent did.

As a Sunderland fan I’m resigned to players who have something about them being snapped up.

If all our recruitment had been as successful as Bent over years we’d be sitting very pretty now.

I was on the metro home from work when I was reading about it and some mag started giving me grief as we both got off at South Hylton the bellend. :lol:

Didnt Phillips do the same years before this?

Yet one is apparently a hero who many want to be our next manager and one is a prick/tosser what ever else he is called on this thread.
Phillips gave us the best years of his career despite interest from top clubs and only asked to leave when we were well and truly fucked on and off the pitch. Bent asked to leave after 1 season to go to Turkey then handed in a transfer request hours after playing the Mags.

😂😂 such a troll, Jards lad 😂😂

Phillips gave us the best years of his career despite interest from top clubs and only asked to leave when we were well and truly fucked on and off the pitch. Bent asked to leave after 1 season to go to Turkey then handed in a transfer request hours after playing the Mags.

He arrived for the game against the Mags with the transfer request already written and in his pocket, gave it to Bruce after the game. His performance and attitude in that game was a f***ing disgrace.

Back