9 Years Ago Today - Darren Bent’s Transfer Request

Feels like a lifetime ago now.

36 goals in 63 games during his season and a half with us.

I remember when the poster hoyed it up on here that he'd asked for a transfer in writing and has nashed off to Birmingham on a Saturday after a home match.

He got absolute pelters until the story broke a day or two later.

Was it magcatcher Hutch?

Hard to believe we were in 6th place, 4 points off Chelsea in 4th when he handed the transfer request in.

I think we beat Blackpool in the next game and then didn’t win for the rest of the season!:eek::lol:

Its been some fall the last 9 years mind.

Your sentiment is right, but we won 3 times, most noticeably a 3-0 win at West Ham on the last day of the season, which led to the well worn phrase "wa finished tenth y'know"

I remember when the poster hoyed it up on here that he'd asked for a transfer in writing and has nashed off to Birmingham on a Saturday after a home match.

He got absolute pelters until the story broke a day or two later.

Was it magcatcher Hutch?
Was that the thread that went gold with all the edits, remember being ill laughing at some of the gifs and photos from it.

Hard to believe we were in 6th place, 4 points off Chelsea in 4th when he handed the transfer request in.

I think we beat Blackpool in the next game and then didn’t win for the rest of the season!:eek::lol:

Its been some fall the last 9 years mind.

Actually makes me feel a little sick reading that.

Back