9/11, This is powerful footage to watch.

It was madness. I was teaching and me phone was on my desk, switched to silent / vibrate. Was reading with the class, ‘Carrie’s War’, and my phone vibrated. Then again. And again and again and again and again.
One of the canny kids put their hands up and said, ‘Sir your phone’s going to vibrate off the desk!’
Being the consummate Professional, I said I’d look at it later as nobody interrupts whole class reading...
After the lesson had a look: one of the lads was on his day off and was watching it all via the news and his messages were all of utter disbelief.
As it was meeting night, the Head gathered us all as per but then simply told us to go home and be with our families.
When I got in I sat glued to the tv for the rest of the night.

I can't remember when international flights started again, but I'm pretty sure our lass didn't fly back till nearly two weeks.
If you went 9 days after can you remember if you were one of the first flights across?
Opened on the Friday, to non-US travel, we were in Canada, and had to fly round the US to Mexico.

I had just came in and put the TV on and thought it was a film or something. As I was watching it the second plane hit the other tower. After all these years it's still unbelievable to watch. I was glued to the TV for days.

One of the voice recording of United 93 when they were trying to regain the cockpit and they were saying goodbye to a loved one brought me to tears not ashamed to say

As for the day I'd been on nightshift woke up turned the TV on and watched live as the second one went into the tower and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV.
It was powerful stuff I don’t think we will ever see again in our lifetime..

I forgot to add that one of my mates had been to the twin towers a few weeks before also.
Although I never saw the Twin Towers in person, the emptiness of the sky left behind was vast to see on the news footage. At the time you could literally 'feel' the emptiness left behind.
It was so strange seeing nothing apart from an empty space/like a building site. I just had an awful feeling inside

Last edited:
BBC confirms that The Looming Tower will be shown weekly on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer from Friday 26 April at 9.30pm

The 10-part drama series is based on Lawrence Wright’s Pulitzer Prize-winning non-fiction book about the rising threat of Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda in the late 1990s, and how the rivalry between the FBI and CIA during that time may have inadvertently set the path for the tragedy of 9/11

BBC - The Looming Tower confirmed for Friday nights and trailer released - Media Centre

I had just joined the military and was on guard in aldershot. It was mental. I was sent down the road to stop cars early at a check point. I didn’t know what the point was at the time. I now know it was so that if any potential bombers rolled up I’d be the first hit :lol:

I didn't know where else to put this but MSN have put together a nice little piece that tries to look into evidence regarding the possible connection between 9/11 and Saudi high level involvement.

It's a very long read and a very detailed account into one small branch of the FBI's investigation. But for those interested, you might find it informative. Like I say, it's mainly the investigation by one man, there will have been thousands more looking into the same thing. It could have been a little shorter.

The Saudi Connection: Inside the 9/11 Case That Divided the F.B.I.

I didn't know where else to put this but MSN have put together a nice little piece that tries to look into evidence regarding the possible connection between 9/11 and Saudi high level involvement.

It's a very long read and a very detailed account into one small branch of the FBI's investigation. But for those interested, you might find it informative. Like I say, it's mainly the investigation by one man, there will have been thousands more looking into the same thing. It could have been a little shorter.

The Saudi Connection: Inside the 9/11 Case That Divided the F.B.I.
In a nut shell what does all that mean?
-
This video convinced me the NIST report was a pack of lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have picked me out.
Through a distant shot of a building burning
you have noticed now
that a white cotton shirt is twirling, turning.

In fact I am waving, waving.
Small in the clouds, but waving, waving.
Does anyone see
a soul worth saving?

So when will you come?
Do you think you are watching, watching
a man shaking crumbs
or pegging out washing?

I am trying and trying.
The heat behind me is bullying, driving,
but the white of surrender is not yet flying.
I am not at the point of leaving, diving.

A bird goes by.
The depth is appalling. Appalling
that others like me
should be wind-milling, wheeling, spiralling, falling.

out of the blue. Armitage

In a nut shell what does all that mean?
The evidence into strands connecting high ranking Saudi involvement before 9/11, tracing the movements of the hijackers in detail and the way in which the FBI kind of underplayed the evidence against Saud. It also details the friction between Operation encore and intelligence hierarchy going all the way to Obama. It gives both sides of the argument though even if it favours one side.

I was at work and my mate came and told me a plane had hit the WTC..my immediate thought was a Cessna or something small..I was due to go to NYC on October 10th 2001..didn’t think we’d get there but we did..very surreal experience.

The evidence into strands connecting high ranking Saudi involvement before 9/11, tracing the movements of the hijackers in detail and the way in which the FBI kind of underplayed the evidence against Saud. It also details the friction between Operation encore and intelligence hierarchy going all the way to Obama. It gives both sides of the argument though even if it favours one side.
Thanks, its was a bit long to read like.
No sound for me
Try this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back