8th March Stats

Wonder how many in Glasgow in a fortnights time !?

Great figures. Harries compared it to last September though, saying we aren’t out the woods yet. But then cases were on an upwards trajectory in nearly every local authority, now they are on a downwards trajectory. Also more than a third of the whole population have had a Covid vaccine. They are still making it all about cases. Sigh.
Throw in those millions who have had the virus and its nearly 1 in 2 with some form of immunity.

When cases go up, clowns need to factor in this nonsense before pissing pants.

school down here in Boro pupil tested positive on lateral flow on way into school - whole class sent home & to isolate for 10 days! They didn’t even make it to first lesson!

Tbf the PM did nail the mast on the ‘data and not dates’ assertion, and the data is so far exceeding expectations in relation to the modelling. I hope it is just a case of dampening expectations, but I just can’t see things ever getting back to normal now, I simply can’t.
You're like a ray of sunshine on every thread.

me bro- laws missus has tested positive.
works from home pops in office once a week, went in week last Thursday, lo and behold a colleague comes in whose husband has tested positive ( in other words she should be isolating ) . 7 people in office have tested positive .
Colleague was close to being sacked apparently , been furloughed and placed on sick leave, my guess is will be no job to go back to. So there's 7 unnecessary cases through someones' gross stupidity ( also think its a criminal offence too, to knowingly not isolate ) .

A lad at work came in on day and asked for a half day holiday and it was rejected. He said he needed it because he had a covid test booked that afternoon so he was sent straight home. People thought he was pulling a fast one but the nacker tested positive. So he had symptoms and booked a test but was going to come in and work half a day. Thick as fuck.
Completely irresponsible behaviour. Let's hope the vaccination works and them several people don't become seriously unwell (if vulnerable) or infect close people who go on to become seriously unwell.

Cant understand why someone wouldn't isolate in that situation. Unless the employers makes it difficult but I can't imagine that in this scenario.

I'm hoping cases largely become irrelevant once everyone has been vaccinated.

Prior to Christmas my company were paying people who had to isolate, after Christmas that stopped. People will take daft risks when it comes to losing 2 weeks pay I guess.
defintley wait for the data after the bairns have gan back to school for more than a week

no sudden surges could see a more rapid response

The Easter holidays comes at the perfect time for them to see what effect the kids being back at school is having.

Last edited:
5,766 new cases and 231 deaths which is pretty low considering these numbers include some of Sundays findings. Fridays figures could be even more promising.

ps. Another 200 ICU's freed up too.

Will be interesting to compare today’s data to exactly one month ago according to TLW posts (admission data a day or two behind)

9th February
29,326 in hospital (down by 19,908)
1,987 Hospital admissions (down by 1,397)
3,230 in ICU ( down by 1,874)

Things have got fundamentally better, I look forward to sit with a friend on a park bench, like I haven’t been already at any point since early January .....
Will be interesting to compare today’s data to exactly one month ago according to TLW posts (admission data a day or two behind)

9th February
29,326 in hospital (down by 19,908)
1,987 Hospital admissions (down by 1,397)
3,230 in ICU ( down by 1,874)

Things have got fundamentally better, I look forward to sit with a friend on a park bench, like I haven’t been already at any point since early January .....
Posted in wrong one

Last edited:

Back