8th March Stats

me bro- laws missus has tested positive.
works from home pops in office once a week, went in week last Thursday, lo and behold a colleague comes in whose husband has tested positive ( in other words she should be isolating ) . 7 people in office have tested positive .
Colleague was close to being sacked apparently , been furloughed and placed on sick leave, my guess is will be no job to go back to. So there's 7 unnecessary cases through someones' gross stupidity ( also think its a criminal offence too, to knowingly not isolate ) .

I know of a couple of people who have been sacked for not isolating when they’d been tested and had symptoms. I totally agree with you, bang out of order.

Incredible to be picking that many up from 800k tests..

Let's hope with schools back we can still keep the numbers down
I expect cases to rise, but will it matter if hospitalisations don't go up?
Wonder how many in Glasgow in a fortnights time !?
Not many, the summer packed beaches and marches in London didn't see a spike in numbers.

Last edited:
Great figures. Harries compared it to last September though, saying we aren’t out the woods yet. But then cases were on an upwards trajectory in nearly every local authority, now they are on a downwards trajectory. Also more than a third of the whole population have had a Covid vaccine. They are still making it all about cases. Sigh.

Great figures. Harries compared it to last September though, saying we aren’t out the woods yet. But then cases were on an upwards trajectory in nearly every local authority, now they are on a downwards trajectory. Also more than a third of the whole population have had a Covid vaccine. They are still making it all about cases. Sigh.

And if about a quarter of the population have had it, then you're looking at half the population have some form of immunity

And if about a quarter of the population have had it, then you're looking at half the population have some form of immunity
Indeed, yet it’s being directly compared to last September, and much of the public will believe everything they hear at these conferences as gospel. Im not suggesting a total removal of restrictions tomorrow, but quite clearly the situation is wholly and fundamentally different to September. Foolish comment for the health official to have made.

I expect cases to rise, but will it matter if hospitalisations don't go up?

Not many, the summer packed beaches and marches in London didn't see a spike in numbers.
The more the virus transmits the more chances of a serious Vaccine immune mutation

Indeed, yet it’s being directly compared to last September, and much of the public will believe everything they hear at these conferences as gospel. Im not suggesting a total removal of restrictions tomorrow, but quite clearly the situation is wholly and fundamentally different to September. Foolish comment for the health official to have made.
Indeed. September was Autumn, its a very different situation now coming out of winter.

Not foolish at all, we’ll in my opinion, they are trying to keep everyone’s feet on ground and avoid a clamour to speed up easing of restrictions, BBC have been beyond themselves with “data is good why can’t we speed up roadmap” type questions

Not foolish at all, we’ll in my opinion, they are trying to keep everyone’s feet on ground and avoid a clamour to speed up easing of restrictions, BBC have been beyond themselves with “data is good why can’t we speed up roadmap” type questions
Tbf the PM did nail the mast on the ‘data and not dates’ assertion, and the data is so far exceeding expectations in relation to the modelling. I hope it is just a case of dampening expectations, but I just can’t see things ever getting back to normal now, I simply can’t.

Tbf the PM did nail the mast on the ‘data and not dates’ assertion, and the data is so far exceeding expectations in relation to the modelling. I hope it is just a case of dampening expectations, but I just can’t see things ever getting back to normal now, I simply can’t.

defintley wait for the data after the bairns have gan back to school for more than a week

no sudden surges could see a more rapid response

And by default half with no immunity at all, they are the problem because they provide opportunities for virus to spread and potentially mutate

Herd immunity was originally 60% which got revised upwards a bit more for the more contagious strain. Just get another 10-15m vaccinated & we're laughing

Tif he also said that data would not be considered before certain dates, we won’t know if data is exceeding expectations until we see effect of opening schools, hopefully if numbers are not going back up in 4 weeks we can move on

I’m with u as I don’t think we’ll be back to normal though for some time, that might mean something as simple as masks becoming a way of life like they are in Far East. Let’s not forget take a liberty with this virus and it bites u in the arse. The Isle of Man has just learnt that lesson, thought they’d beat it opened up and bang

Tif he also said that data would not be considered before certain dates, we won’t know if data is exceeding expectations until we see effect of opening schools, hopefully if numbers are not going back up in 4 weeks we can move on

I’m with u as I don’t think we’ll be back to normal though for some time, that might mean something as simple as masks becoming a way of life like they are in Far East. Let’s not forget take a liberty with this virus and it bites u in the arse. The Isle of Man has just learnt that lesson, thought they’d beat it opened up and bang
See you've spoilt it with this nonsense, it's no wonder folk want the deadlines brought forward.

Back