8th July corona deaths uk

It’s pointless trying to make that very valid and correct point to Phil as he simply won’t accept it and then starts arguing and making stuff up to try and prove his incorrect view as fact

Fantastic news. COVID-19 is now saving lives as there’s less people on the roads, at work, drink driving etc.
In your weird view it’s incorrect. Factually it is correct.
@MackemX
More stats from my pal in USA , is he accurate ?
"So we’d all agree that in one form or another nearly all countries in Europe have their acts together re Covid the last month or so. Yet here are daily averages. Most recent last. 19k 19k 18k 18k 16k 17k 17k 19k 20k 19k 18k 17k 18k 19k 19k 18k 17k 16k 18k 18k 18k 19k 19k 17k 16k 18k 19k 19k 16k 16k 18k 17k.
Point is. This thing is a bear. That never really goes away
That is all of Europe. Hardly any improvement. Just a tad"
Surely it’s rising in some countries still and falling in others giving this plateau effect. Many countries are earlier than us on the curve.

Last edited:

In your weird view it’s incorrect. Factually it is correct.

Surely it’s rising in some countries still and falling in others giving this plateau effect. Many countries are earlier than us on the curve.

possibly , I’m using the figures above and presume they are accurate and that they are daily European totals.

not sure Europe ever had the daily figures the US has

@MackemX
More stats from my pal in USA , is he accurate ?
"So we’d all agree that in one form or another nearly all countries in Europe have their acts together re Covid the last month or so. Yet here are daily averages. Most recent last. 19k 19k 18k 18k 16k 17k 17k 19k 20k 19k 18k 17k 18k 19k 19k 18k 17k 16k 18k 18k 18k 19k 19k 17k 16k 18k 19k 19k 16k 16k 18k 17k.
Point is. This thing is a bear. That never really goes away
That is all of Europe. Hardly any improvement. Just a tad"
I don't know where he's getting his data from as it's not something I look at. It's around that looking around after a quick google gives me Statista's website. Worldometers says less cases than Statista though the source of Statista's data is the ecdc.europa website.

Cases in Europe are very slowly dropping after the initial rise and decline as you can see in the graph above. That's probably due to some countries increasing while others are on a slow decline. Russia is still at least 6,000 of them but they're on a slow decline as they were in the 7,000 a short while back. One thing to consider is that more countries will be testing more people now.

I've said that globally the cases are still rising slightly and deaths are a constant which is shit really. This hasn't gone away like SARS-COVID did in 2003 and I think it's here for a while yet and may at times get worse. Only time will tell but given people will be in closer proximity of others in colder/winter months then I won't be surprised to see it go up again but hopefully it's kept under control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back