8mm Video Cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalmöMakem

Midfield
Looking into picking up an old 8mm video cam soon. Just wonder if anyone on here has one or knows of decent places to find them etc.

Also I need help with the reproducing it onto my computer for editing etc. So if anyone knows of good development labs that aren't too pricey i'd like to hear.

Cheers,
Andrew

You might get some sensible answers in this part of the forum

I know it doesn't help, but I saw a couple of these for sale at one of the flea markets round here where i go to pick up old cameras. I thought of buying one just for the hell of it but had no idea whether you can get the film anymore.

I'm assuming you're talking film camera rather than video camera

Last edited:
Rocky Cameras has a shitload of video equipment, 8mm and 16mm but you'll regret visiting as money will be spent. :lol:

PS - I'm pretty sure the B&W film can be processed in normal B&W photographic chemistry so it'd work out cheaper doing it yourself I think if you had the equipment.

andy m said:
Rocky Cameras has a shitload of video equipment, 8mm and 16mm but you'll regret visiting as money will be spent. :lol:

PS - I'm pretty sure the B&W film can be processed in normal B&W photographic chemistry so it'd work out cheaper doing it yourself I think if you had the equipment.

Funnily enough I very nearly bought one the other day from there, half pissed. It was that 8mm Air Force thing. Dodged a bullet there.

Funnily enough I very nearly bought one the other day from there, half pissed. It was that 8mm Air Force thing. Dodged a bullet there.
Next time I order I'm gonna buy one, wanted one for ages! Infact, fuck it - where's me wallet.

I'm looking for a video camera that uses 8mm film. Super 8 and what not. Mostly want to use it for my travels to capture so good footage. I enjoy that old vintage look.

I found a website called "super 8". From holland I think. Noticed they do both cameras as well as develop it all.

Some bargins on there too. Plus you can pick up a good camera, albeit not in amazing conditon for about 4 times less. Once I've worked out costs of development, film, equipment and camera I'll see if its a good idea. I think i'm also going to try using Adobe after effects and see what sort of look-a-like thing i can create.

I'm looking for a video camera that uses 8mm film. Super 8 and what not. Mostly want to use it for my travels to capture so good footage. I enjoy that old vintage look.

I found a website called "super 8". From holland I think. Noticed they do both cameras as well as develop it all.

Some bargins on there too. Plus you can pick up a good camera, albeit not in amazing conditon for about 4 times less. Once I've worked out costs of development, film, equipment and camera I'll see if its a good idea. I think i'm also going to try using Adobe after effects and see what sort of look-a-like thing i can create.
Don't fake it! ;):)

Don't fake it! ;):)

very much my last resort. from the looks of it you can't replicate that old distorted look. you can do pretty much everything, but I hate that HD look! I did see an old canon camera for around 30. But, it gives an 80s home video look rather than maybe 50's 60's I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back