80s memories

What search box was this in the 80s ? :confused:
you know something i honestly thought it was the 80's when i got my first pc. a tiny. bloody hell, my memories shit :oops:

anyway, i started work in 1984 as an apprentice welder in peterlee and had to travel to billingham in the first year. four of us in a mini van going through blackhall to pick another lad up watching folk standing in the shadows looking for scabs. probably thought we were :eek:

• School Holidays, watching black n white re-runs of Zorro, Flash Gordon and the original (George Reeves) Superman
  • Having fuck all to do on a Sunday
  • 4 Tv Channels
  • About 5 live football games a season on TV
  • Kevin Toms' Football Manager (it was great when you worked out the cheat)
  • Ghostbusters on the C64
  • Spokies
  • Baking powder submarines

Scratch and sniff on the radio times, and it all smelling of rotting grass or perfume. Chanel four launching.

Ghostbusters in the cinema.

Getting mission impossible on the c64 and thinking the graphics were amazing.

Solving an text based rpg on the vic 20 and the whole family watching.

Buying cassette games from the computer section in Debenhams or copying my mates games on his ultra cool two deck player.

Waiting 20 minutes for a game to load in its crazy psychedelic colors only for it to click off at the end and not work.

Downloading teats for fears run the world on a modem my dad got from the university - it was for banks if I recall and the department passed it around - it was the earliest internet.

I've got a vhs recording of alien somewhere and there's a news break half way through two foot of snow is forecast over the weekend and Norwich are top of the league.

This brings some memories back, reminds me of Johnny’s Arcade down Seaburn apart from the music like

Gillys on High Street West for us Southsiders like. I think just about every taxi office and launderette in Sunderland had a machine in of some sort (usually Pac-Man). There was a few in the newsagents under the Leisure centre anarl, which was the first place I ever bought a Slush Puppie (grape flavour iirc).

Gillys on High Street West for us Southsiders like. I think just about every taxi office and launderette in Sunderland had a machine in of some sort (usually Pac-Man). There was a few in the newsagents under the Leisure centre anarl, which was the first place I ever bought a Slush Puppie (grape flavour iirc).

Was that the one that had Robotron, 10 Yard Fight, Mr. Do! etc in? We used to doll off school in there
Hanging around dressed in tennis and golf wear

He’s on about the 80s man not last week

Back