80s memories

You aren't really keeping time with the beat with your clapping if that is you with your arms over the barrier in the red top
It is marra and I know:lol::oops:
Did Alistair Pirrie let you sit on his knee?
No but Christopher Biggins was very friendly with some of the lady members of our troop, as was Norman Collier who performed also on air that day:neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:
More of a Knight Lore fan than Alien 8, Ultimate had some great titles though:

Logon or register to see this image

Top drawer.

Forgot about Atic Atac, that would be in the top ten Spectrum games easy. And Saberwulf.

Alien 8 was practically a reskin of Knightlore but a favourite of mine.

I never did play Mire Mare, despite it being my 'next game' when I beat Underworlde.

Top drawer.

Forgot about Atic Atac, that would be in the top ten Spectrum games easy. And Saberwulf.

I never did play Mire Mare, despite it being my 'next game' when I beat Underworlde.
Didn’t two of them come out at the same time? Knight Lore and Sabre Wolf?

Ultimate were the pioneers of piracy blocking loading tapes but you could get LERM software and hardware that circumvented it.

Didn’t two of them come out at the same time? Knight Lore and Sabre Wolf?

Ultimate were the pioneers of piracy blocking loading tapes but you could get LERM software and hardware that circumvented it.
Knight Lore and Underworlde came out at the same time. I got them the same Christmas. I think Knight Lore was actually a sequel to Underworlde, along with Pentagram and Mire Mare.

Ultimate - play the same
Made in ashby de la zouch

I’ve still got every issue of Crash magazine in the original binders from the first to last issue somewhere in the loft. No posters removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top drawer.

They were practically clones of each other, remember I bought Knight Lore, my pal bought Alien 8. They were packaged very coolly in oversize boxes. Great catalogue though, loved Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Jet Pac. Trans-Am, Cookie, PSSST all good fun too.

My 14 yo is currently shouting his head off at Call of Duty, I can’t believe he’s deriving any more pleasure than we got from the little BASIC gems that we grew up with.

True, but would still take the 'similar game style' to some of the shite the others were pumping out that could be very hit and miss.
Maybe but they certainly weren't as innovative as people remember. Mind, I had a dragon 32 for a year then got a c64(which obviously blew the speccy away 😉)

They were practically clones of each other, remember I bought Knight Lore, my pal bought Alien 8. They were packaged very coolly in oversize boxes. Great catalogue though, loved Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Jet Pac. Trans-Am, Cookie, PSSST all good fun too.

My 14 yo is currently shouting his head off at Call of Duty, I can’t believe he’s deriving any more pleasure than we got from the little BASIC gems that we grew up with.

Bairn is playing Fortnite with her mates, I can hear the squeaky lad from her class.

I still game (PS4) and agree we had just as much fun with those spectrum games.

Bairn is playing Fortnite with her mates, I can hear the squeaky lad from her class.

I still game (PS4) and agree we had just as much fun with those spectrum games.
I remember Christmas morning with my spectrum 48k and it was mistakingly boxed with a 48k 🙁. Had to wait about 6 weeks for a replacement. I never went to a c64. Waited for the Amiga a600

I think Zaxxon was my fav game for C64, either that or Int'l Soccer;

Back