Iv seen
Whitesnake
Guns n roses
Aerosmith
Bonjovi
Def leppard
Motley crue
I hope to see tesla next time there over here

Not sure I`d lump Tesla in with Hair Metal...they were dressing in jeans and T shirts when everyone else had huge bouffants.

Great live band though, lots of energy, great musicianship and good honest down to earth Hard Rock without any unnecessary frills.

Hair metal any big fans on here
Who do u rate ?who have u seen? Anybody u want to see
Iv seen
Whitesnake
Guns n roses
Aerosmith
Bonjovi
Def leppard
Motley crue

I would rather have a pineapple hammered up me arse.

I'd rather have corrosive acid poured in me lugs.

Not disrespect OP, but my older brother was a fan of all of this and I just hate it.

Not sure I`d lump Tesla in with Hair Metal...they were dressing in jeans and T shirts when everyone else had huge bouffants.

Great live band though, lots of energy, great musicianship and good honest down to earth Hard Rock without any unnecessary frills.

that's a fair point ,I can't stop playing there cd in the car

Haven't seen any of the band you mention but I was a big metal fan in the 80's -more heavier than your list.

Wouldn't mind seeing Motley Crue though. Have you seen the roller coaster drum riser from the current tour?

Yesterday it was "popped collars" today it`s "hair metal" WTF is gannin on? Think I need to get on the Neil Diamond thread.

Both Whitesnake and Aerosmith were ok before they reformed.Or before they became Hair Metal I guess.It`s just that whole mid to late 80`s sound with the big gated snares and football chant multi-tracked chorus`s etc.Really doesn`t sound any better with age imo.And it sounded pretty darn shite at the time.Fair enough if that`s what you`re into, but I just don`t see the appeal meself.That said I used to quite like Enuff Z Nuff & Redd Kross.The latter of which were probably borderline hair metal.Oh yeah and I saw Magnum a couple of times early 80`s.They were alright up to a point....About late adolescence I would say.

Iv seen
Whitesnake
Guns n roses
Aerosmith
Bonjovi
Def leppard
Motley crue

Seen them all except Guns N Roses (cos Axl is a wanker). Saw Whitesnake a fortnight ago. Also saw Tesla a couple of years ago too. All great bands.

Shite but better than that grunge shit that came after.

Bollocks. Just about every alternative or indie band today owes a debt of gratitude to grunge. Cock rock was a complete evolutionary dead end. Some good bands in that genre, like Van Halen, but the overwhelming majority were utter shit.

Seen Whitesnake a few years back at Newcastle City Hall, spot on like. Still got one of Reb's plectrums kicking about too as I caught it. :lol:

Iv seen
Whitesnake
Guns n roses
Aerosmith
Bonjovi
Def leppard
Motley crue

I'll eat your face off, you absolute cock.
I bet your mam hates you.

Iv seen
Whitesnake
Guns n roses
Aerosmith
Bonjovi
Def leppard
Motley crue

I liked Whitesnake when they weren't poodles and just Deep Purple with two cracking guitarists playing cock-rock blues songs.

Aerosmith as well were founded 1971 so hardly big hair era, although tbf they did play up to that persona later on.

Both great live bands in their day.

Last edited:
tunstall birdman said:
I'd rather have corrosive acid poured in me lugs.

Not disrespect OP, but my older brother was a fan of all of this and I just hate it.

Not what mini told me. He said you'd prefer Spug's pineapple! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back