80’s film education

Overtime I’ve realised that my missus has some how seen barely any of the big titles of the 80’s despite being of an age to have done so.

We have therefore been watching a load of films together that I assumed were big enough for everyone with a passing interest (which she has) to have seen. Without exception she’s enjoyed everything we’ve watched so far - Indiana Jones, Karate Kid, Crocodile Dundee, My Cousin Vinny, Trading Places and a load more. I’m after other people’s lists/recommendations please to make sure I’m not missing any.

Don’t get me wrong, I know there’s plenty of better films out there than those listed but this is about getting her up to speed and at least having her see the main blockbusters of the time.

Predator, The Naked Gun, Field of Dreams, Southern Comfort,
Overtime I’ve realised that my missus has some how seen barely any of the big titles of the 80’s despite being of an age to have done so.

We have therefore been watching a load of films together that I assumed were big enough for everyone with a passing interest (which she has) to have seen. Without exception she’s enjoyed everything we’ve watched so far - Indiana Jones, Karate Kid, Crocodile Dundee, My Cousin Vinny, Trading Places and a load more. I’m after other people’s lists/recommendations please to make sure I’m not missing any.

Don’t get me wrong, I know there’s plenty of better films out there than those listed but this is about getting her up to speed and at least having her see the main blockbusters of the time.
I grew up in the 80's went to the pictures a few times but we never got a VHS until end of the 80s and missed out on loads. Watch this video it sums up the 80s and has all the ones you need to watch

Last edited by a moderator:

Life of Brian, Blue Brothers, Deliverance, Mad Max

Back